587,920 active members*
3,503 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Rhino 3D > rhino 4 th axis

rhino 4 th axis

i'm evaluating rhino 4th axis.is anybody here in this forum willing to share their thoughts?
    is it usable for engraving,helix pocketing work?

thanks for all your input.
    [email protected]

Hi Heartland,

Are you meaning you are testing Rhino v4? 4 Axis denotes cam work and Rhino alone doesn't do that. However, Madcam, a plugin for Rhino has either just released their version4 with 4th axis and 5th axis coming shortly. At first it will only be indexable for the 5th but right now that would help me a ton. I use the software and love it. If I can be of further service let me know. The link for madcam is www.madcamcnc.com

I don't know if he has a reseller down under but if not contact me with a pm here.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

hi mike
    i've got rhino cad v4.0 but as stated i'm looking into the rhino 4th axis.in order to do that i need to get rhino cam basic first.i've used the demo version and got something going.
    i've also tried madcad but did not know about their 4th axis . either way i'd like to cut some cams and helix parts with the 4th axis.with other words i'd like to be able to continously rotate a axis (rotary) move the tool whith z and x axis at the same time.
    i know that the higher end software can do that but for me cost is anissue.
    thanks for all your help
    jens

Jens I don't know that madcam's 4th axis has been released yet but I talked with Joakim day before yesterday......which I think was Wed., and I'm sure he said it was ready to go. I have a call in to him now on another matter so I will ask and will post back. If you have Rhino V4 contact him for a demo version.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

rhinocam 4th axis

Yes, it does do continuous 4th axis work. I made a wooden helix with a sphere on one end, and a flat base on the other. The continuous operation i did was to engrave a logo on the sphere. It definately moved the A axis, X axis, and the Z axis simultaneously. Code was created using the "4 Axis Engrave" machining operation.
    I have been using Rhinocam for over 3 years, and I am very happy with it. I do not use the 4th axis functions very often. I haven't found the need to.

I wish I could find a picture of that wooden part I was speaking of... I threw it away last week. Gotta make room for more wood dust...