587,496 active members*
3,204 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 8 of 12 678910
    Hello,
    It is very interesting what one can read here.
    I learn much.

I am French, of Bordeaux. Ex-technician in the µ engines (orders of flight, medical) => power 100 W 100.000 rpm, Laser, x-Ray, Ultrasound, compressor of medical air,….

Although I do not speak English, I manage to include/understand, with machine translation: that gives a very picturesque language!
    If what I can write shocks you, me do not hold rigour of it: it is still the automatic translator

Thank you with all for your contributions.

Hello from Barcelona, Spain.
    It lives ! My *scratch built* milling machine / grinder moves.
    6-8 discrete steps /per 0.01 mm as tested by DTI.

2700 mm x 1100 x 200 mm work area (ballscrews limit to 1100 mm at moment).
    1500 kg weight. 3 years+ of work ;(
    Over 300 pieces...
    Bridgeport M2 head as milling spindle.2.2 kW VFD. Benchtop drill as grinding spindle. 201 Geckos. 68V hand-built PSU. 3:1 down with 9 mm timing belt on steppers. 5/8" ballscrews.98% complete.
    I hope to be grinding my own linear rails on monday...

Hobbycnc/xylotex/similar in europe ?

Anyone know/can get hobbycnc/xylotex/similar boards in EU ?
    3 or 4 axis.
    About 3 amps/30 volts is okay.
    For CNC bandsaw, CNC lathe, CNC toolgrinder.
    Neither one wants to ship to psina for some unknown reason ...

Hello everybody,

my name is Rene and i´m posting from germany. I´m still amazed whats going on here. i´m interested in CNC since i started building a metal miller about six years ago. Its working now but i´m still in progress. There is also a Zoltar Kit ready lasered lying in my workshop and waiting for completition.

Here is a foto of my CNC

Bye,
    Rene

New to milling

Here up in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by CNCadmin View Post
    Welcome to your new club house.
    Thanks!
    This forum is great.

I'm from Sweden,BTW.

Hello.

I am from France.

Hello from Gabrovo, Bulgaria !

Cool

Hi from Seaford in sunny Sussex,

I rarely finish anything but still have fun trying. I have 2 axes going on my old Warco mill just adding the z

Welcome

Hi Robert

I am here up in not so sunny Fort william.
    I am just embarking on making my own 3 axis milling machine, so i am in the process of finding out all that i need and where the best places are to purchase them. would be interested in anything you may feel would be useful to me. do you have any pictures of where you are at with your machine. are you using slide rails or ball and screw to move in your axis. where did you get your stepper motors ect ect. i am a real novice, i plan on building my machine first then purchasing the software (bobart). i ampretty good with CAD and can draw in 3d.
    Anyway good to hear your on the island

Dave

Hello.

I am new on this forum.
    I am from Bosnia & Herzegovina.
    My practical experience in building CNC machines is not so big.
    Long time ago I made simple machine and after that nothing.
    My first CNC can be seen here.

Now I plain to build my next machine. Actually an pick 'n place.

Best regards,

Suske.

Finding my way round

Greetings from Lincoln. New to the forum and loving every minute of my recent retirement.
    Jim

Hi,

Hi,

I am from Germany, Luebeck (in the north).

I'm an absolutly newbee, looking for good ideas building a little mill.
    In Germany cnc-builder often takes alu-profiles for hobby-cnc-mills. But is'nt it better to take steel ? And not so expensive ?

Greetings,

Andreas

Hi from Royal Berkshire I dropped out of engineering, as a job, about 15 years ago....you know what it's like though, it is impossible to stop inventing and designing and for the first time ever I have shelled out on a brand new...well customer return....lathe (C6B). This after years of making do with half a turn of backlash on the cross slide and main bearings that fit where they touch!

I have a few mods in mind for the lathe before I consider CNC but I joined the forum mainly to keep in touch with like minded people.

Regards Rog8811

Smile

Hello from ADA, Serbia

Hi everyone
    From Sweden (Floby about 120km northeast of gothenburg)

I´m in the process of converting a kearny-weaver kneemill

heya

Im from newport, South Wales, UK

Im just trying to get into all this, I want a machine for pcb making, engraving and light aluminium work.

I have a budget of around £1000 but do not have the machinery to make my own parts yet.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking about a Proxxom converted cnc mill from germany but it has the SMC 800 card so no good with mach 3, also prob not good for much more than pcb milling?

I ahve also been considering converting an X1 or X2 witht he kits from cncfusion.

originally i was going to buy the cncdudez kit but he no longer does them

Can anyone reccomend anything? what should I go for? what are your experiences?

What can i expect for £1000? And where can i get it?

Thanks

DJH

Hi DJH

There's some bunch on ebay selling low cost stepper control gear and motors in the UK. Check out auction number 130128439174 to find them.

I bought 3 of their MSD542 stepper drivers and the 40 volt power supply, it seems to be good kit. They seemed reluctant to sell when I rang which was a bit odd, but the drivers are zippy.

Beware the 600 oz-in stepper motor trap, if you need more than 50 oz-in to turn your screws you need to adjust the Gibb strips not buy bigger motors. I use 160's which seemed plenty enough overkill for me

Bargain ball screws come out of China but be ready for a feeding frenzy in the closing seconds of the auction. Marchant Dice sell them on ebay if you don't want to wait.

Not quite sure what you're after, but I use the same cheap Chinese mill this lot seem to favour, it's sold by Warren Machine Tools as the Warco Major. You get a lot of iron for your money.

Have fun

Robin

Thanks for the info, is there cnc conversion kits you can buy for those warco mills?

I guess the micro mill is more in my price range by the time I buy everything.

basically Im either looking for an already built cnc machine, or a manual mill where there is a cnc conversion kit available, anything seems just too expensive for me at the moment.

What would you reccomend along those lines? where can I get them or where can I get the conversion kits?

Thanks

DJH

Don't know about conversion kits, but the cheapest way is to buy the mill, use it to make simple motor mounts, then make it pretty once the computer starts turning the handles for you

Page 8 of 12 678910