587,221 active members*
3,062 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Did Plasma CAM change names?

So I got this real nice brochure today from Samson. It looks alot like the Plasma cam brochure, and the table is very similar to it. But larger in size. In one of the pics, the controller says Plasma CAM on it.
    Just wondering if they changed names or anything... Loks like their both in Colorado. Maybe the Samson is their larger table designed for less of the hobbyist and more of the business crowd?

PlasmaCam? never heard of 'em before
    Perhaps they started building a larger table under a different name, as you suggest.
    Got a weblink?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

That looks almost identical to a Plasmacam, but bigger. The advertising even looks similar.
    Maybe they decided to step up to the plate and offer a bigger machine, but under a different name?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

-RedGreen show.

PC and Sam

Yeah it looks like a PC. I saw this machine doin some reseach the other day and lost the link. Been goin nuts trying to find it again.

The Yeti was being built when I went to the PC office last August. Just the front of the truck sitting on the floor. We did a few cuts on the 4x4 PC machine and I asked about a bigger table...hmmm Guess they did not think I was serious . Bought my Dynatorch in December 5x10 w/ a TD 151 Plasma.. .

All the video of the Yeti is in their shop at PC office. If you look under the tires when it is in the shop (pause by the left front wheel), that is the room the PC machine was in. They were cutting parts for the truck, but I did not see the Samson. Must have been in the top secret development area....

Of course I did spend some bucks down the street (literally a block away) at Shop Outfitters on a manual bender and all its toys that has worked well. Made a grand on the first job, but my damn arm is killin me!!! I guess a little dough in the PC/SO family don't hurt..... PC out grew the shop where SO is located and moved down the street.

Mike
    MetalHead - http://www.mechmate.com

Has anyone called on pricing? I just got the same stuff in the mail, looked up their website and they don't have prices listed.

I'm afraid to ask.
    I would bet between 15-20k, if there 4x4 machine is 10k with software.

-RedGreen show.

Samson CNC Cutting Table

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ray View Post
    We did a few cuts on the 4x4 PC machine and I asked about a bigger table...hmmm Guess they did not think I was serious .
    Mike
    At the time of your visit Samson had not yet released the 5x10 table so it was not available. It actually was not released until the beginning of last month.

And to clear things up, Samson is a division of PlasmaCAM. Samson 5x10 tables cater more to the industrial shops, and PlasmaCAM is more for the hobby cnc users.
    Samson Plasma Cutting 5X10 Table www.samsoncnc.com

i just called on it today its 14,980. think of buying it but dont
    know yet

We have been using a PC table a little over 2 1/2 years and tech support was limited to 3 Months. 120$ for additional months. Had 2 recalls on controller alone. Should I keep going ?