587,202 active members*
2,878 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    OK, I've got a time, date and location in mind for a meeting for anyone interested in the Southern NH area. It's near Manchester, NH.

6:30 PM to ?, Friday Feb. 23rd. As far as the location, send me a PM with your e-mail address if you are interested in attending, and I'll let you know via e-mail. It'll be at a friend's large, well equipped shop, so I don't want to post his address to the world.

NEATman

6:30 PM to ?, Friday Feb. 23rd. As far as the location, send me a PM with your e-mail address if you are interested in attending, and I'll let you know via e-mail. It'll be at a friend's large, well equipped shop, so I don't want to post his address to the world.

NEATman[/QUOTE]

sounds good

Just bumping the thread to see if there are any other interested people in Southern NH, or Northern MA. It should be interesting...

NEATman

9x20 to cnc

Hey Rktman,
    I was wondering how your conversion is going? I have my Grizzly 9 x 20making parts so I wanted to see how yours is coming.
    Cutmore
    P.S.
    Hi to all the other local zoners out there!

hello cut more and everyone

just saying hi, the meeting got me syched about doing my conversion to my mill , i have been working non stop daily ,
    before work and after work trying to finish all the little details. as i am sure most of you already know what
    i don't ,it is a lot of work . I liked getting a chance to see mach3 work also , definately an awesome program.

2much2do gotta go
    have a good night
    Dennis

Hello to all

Cutmore-
    Thanks for having me over last night, it was great to meet Kane. It was great to see your lathe running. You'll need to teach me some tricks on how to run the lathe software.

Keyteem-
    Glad to hear you liked the meeting. Have you turned the ends of your ball screws yet? How about some pictures?

I've also been re-energized about my lathe. I've changed the design slightly, as I have a single massive rail with 7" long crossed roller linear bearing blocks that I'll use for the Z axis for 20" of stroke, and I'm increasing the horizontal stroke on the X axis to 10". The spindle will also be servo (2 HP brushless) instead of the original MASSIVE 3/4 HP 3 phase motor.

I'm starting to look into dates for another meeting. Perhaps we should start with food first, then head to a meeting place?

NEATman
    Keith

NEatman,
    Glad you could come over,
    I would be glad to show you what I can with the Lathe. I received my stand yesterday, and the Grizzly precision Level. The level looks decent, Great if you factor in the price.
    I also received the copy lathe tool I showed you in the Travers catalog, Can't wait to try cutting a ball with that! Or is that having a ball cutting with that?
    Is the engraver you mentioned useable as is? Could you contact me about that when you have a minute? Thank you.
    KEYTEEM
    We need Pictures! seriously, Glad to here you have been able to make progress.
    Cutmore
    Eric

My first machine

I am new to this, I just purchased a Shoptask TriPower setup with the DRO option and is due to arrive in the next couple of weeks (I know there may be better setups out there, but for what I have seen on other combination setups, it looks far better and has more options and better capabilities than the ones I have seen). I have never worked in a machine shop but have spent multiples of dollars at them. I build hotrods, Motorcycles as a hobby. I have been wanting a lath/mill for some time to use in my garage during some of my fabricating or modification of parts, in the past I have resorted to Die Grinders, Bench Grinders, Drilling, hammers & chisels and even used brake lathes. Due to limitations of room I opted for the combination unit and look forward to adding CNC capabilities later to the setup after getting some experience using this setup. I live in Loudon and would like to see other setups, chat time and possibly some help in setting up, usage, etc.

Hi everyone

shopboy nice to hear from you , welcome aboard. I just got thru checking out your new machine , nice ! I have seen the
    original versions before but not any of the newer ones
    as in the tripower, can you send us some pics when you receive it ?
    NEATman ,cut more, no i haven't done the screws yet, jim
    is going to help me , but i am gonna grind off the case hardened rough stuff 1rst with my Lisle 91000 drill grinder
    attached to the cross slide of my old 5 pulley belt drive , and i do mean old, lathe that i reserected from the dead.
    I will def show some pics before and after-good thing i have an xtra screw for experimenting.

Me Too

Hi;
    I'm in Deerfield and am just starting a Retrofit on a Konia-clausing mill. Decided to go with Camsoft lite. I am a true novice at it. I worked in machine shop 30 years ago or so and have alot of automotive background. So this should be fun. The machine was free (cost of moving it) and was somewhat functional but the Dynapath system 10 worked when it wanted to, so it didn't get used. I decided to make it useable . I' have the parts here now and hope to get an eletrical friend into help/check with wiring.

Welcome

normd,
    Welcome to the cnc disease. There are a bunch of others in the area who are doing conversions or have machines.
    Your price was definitely right!
    What are the problems with the Dynapath?
    What kind of parts do you have in mind for your new toy?
    Cutmore

Welcome Normd

Normd-
    Glad to meet another local CNC addict here in Southern NH. I'm working on planning yet another get together. It most likely won't be until May, but you are welcome to attend. It is usually held near Manchester. Send me a private message if you would like to be on the e-mailing list.

NEATman

Page 3 of 3 123