587,478 active members*
3,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > X5 ---Full liecenced and purchased but my Hasp has broke and no replacement ?-

X5 ---Full liecenced and purchased but my Hasp has broke and no replacement ?-

X5 ---Full liecenced and purchased but my Hasp has broke and no replacement ?- Any sugestions ---------Its the Purple Hasp type

Re: X5 ---Full liecenced and purchased but my Hasp has broke and no replacement ?-

If legit copy, .... and you have the damaged USB hasp.

Your reseller should be able to help, abeit it may incur a fee $$$
    (everyone will try to put their hand into your pocket)

If the reseller is not helpful, try sending a message to the Mastercam headquarters.
    You aren't the first to break it (they do break), or have it stolen etc.

Re: X5 ---Full liecenced and purchased but my Hasp has broke and no replacement ?-

Already throught the reseller and even to HQ but all they are telling me now is not available and i need to upgrade to 2019 as it has no HASP ----Like i dont get it as this is really just a USB hasp and how hard is it for them to still carry a replacement

"how hard is it for them to still carry a replacement"

Well it's not. They just refuse to do it. Software development is an unviable business model. 80% of users only use 20% of the features. The software company is then forced to add features to give the appearance of adding value. This sadly leads to instability and bugs. This is why they desperately want you to pay maintenance. You can go on the internet a find a "crack" for your version but unless you very computer savey you open yourself up to malware and virus's. Then there's the legal aspect. The DMCA makes it illegal to circumvent copy protection. Even though you have a payed for licensed copy. It's no win.
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."

Yes very true and on my other licence i have for Allen Bradley now its the same as some features you can get --------Very supicious they dont make an emulator to replace the HASP for actual lience holders from theat era

Quote Originally Posted by lshingleton View Post
    Yes very true and on my other licence i have for Allen Bradley now its the same as some features you can get --------Very supicious they dont make an emulator to replace the HASP for actual lience holders from theat era
    Back in the day there were companies that could emulate and backup hardware HASP's. But I mean really really back in the day when they were parallel port HASP's.

Already throught the reseller and even to HQ but all they are telling me now is not available and i need to upgrade to 2019 as it has no HASP ----Like i dont get it as this is really just a USB hasp and how hard is it for them to still carry a replacement
    an upgrade to 2019 is more of a downgrade in my eyes
    First thing that came to mind when I saw your post was they won't make it easy for you if your not on maintenance . X5 will be considered an old version which it sort of is . Personally I'd raise hell with the local distributor or whoever you bought it from and not take no for an answer . Worst case , it will likely cost you something and they may slip you into a year of maintenance but it's better than nothing

The problem with cracked versions isn't so much the virus risk but the fact that mastercam calls home . I know of a few local companies who had to pay large amounts of money to mastercam or face lawsuits

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    an upgrade to 2019 is more of a downgrade in my eyes
    First thing that came to mind when I saw your post was they won't make it easy for you if your not on maintenance . X5 will be considered an old version which it sort of is . Personally I'd raise hell with the local distributor or whoever you bought it from and not take no for an answer . Worst case , it will likely cost you something and they may slip you into a year of maintenance but it's better than nothing

The problem with cracked versions isn't so much the virus risk but the fact that mastercam calls home . I know of a few local companies who had to pay large amounts of money to mastercam or face lawsuits

As far phoning home is concerned you can air gap (no internet) the machine. I use Tinywall fire wall. It lets you set internet permissions for every program on the machine. It's works great to stop windows updates from breaking things. You'll be shocked when you see just how many blocked connections there are on boot.

On the subject of software maintenance. If you don't pay maintenance they will make you pay back maintenance when you try to upgrade. So when maintenance costs per year saved become greater then a new license don't upgrade. Just buy a new license with different name. This only work for a short time as they are going to cloud based license model.

I'm surprised that they are not getting you onto 2024. That they even suggest 2019, is 5 years old,
    Any "purple hasp" that has the maintenance level would run your X5 .... but, any "purchased options" ie step conv. Multi-axis etc, plus any post processors that are locked to that broken hasp would need moving to any new hasp. So it may be a better option to do the 2019 jump.

Just to highlight that X5 is pretty old, toolpath calculations and strategies have improved.
    Only the lathe component has had minor improvement changes. For me, I could get the same lathe paths from V9.

The Company away back in 2006/7 Purcahsed me a full liecence X5 for Mill and Lathe and about 2012 they increase alot of seats and went to network so i was only one left with a transportable copy on a laptop ----------I used the 2019 and to be honest its way more than i would ever need for what im doing which is standard CNC programmning and TBH or most shops need ----------I dont use it for program structures anymore but alot of complicated radius and blends and forms as the rest its still very slow and on machines with 30 plus tools HMC its cant struture very well ------------I will keep at them to try and soolve this but if not will maybe look into other systems as the UK seems to use alot of Fusion stuff

The Company away back in 2006/7 Purcahsed me a full liecence X5 for Mill and Lathe and about 2012 they increase alot of seats and went to network so i was only one left with a transportable copy on a laptop ----------I used the 2019 and to be honest its way more than i would ever need for what im doing which is standard CNC programmning and TBH or most shops need ----------I dont use it for program structures anymore but alot of complicated radius and blends and forms as the rest its still very slow and on machines with 30 plus tools HMC its cant struture very well ------------I will keep at them to try and soolve this but if not will maybe look into other systems as the UK seems to use alot of Fusion stuff
    Hang on... a nethasp you say, are all seats used at the same time ?
    Is your laptop on the same network ( preferably hardwired),(or stand alone) ?
    Are they up to date on maintenance on the Nethasp seats ?

You may have an opening, seeing you have multiple seats.

Mine was bought stand alone becuase i traveled to different facilities but later on X9 and onwards all ran on network --------I kept this version but the probelm is the HASP has stopped working and seems to be dead to be honest in every way

Mine was bought stand alone becuase i traveled to different facilities but later on X9 and onwards all ran on network --------I kept this version but the probelm is the HASP has stopped working and seems to be dead to be honest in every way
    Those hasps are quite hardy, unless it gets physically broken ( like snapped in half) ... does it still show the red light ?
    Is it just,... not working ?

I work on network that is very controlling of IT & possible intrusion into a secure area. So... they are constantly altering USB permissions etc. (read this as stuffing up a working system) which tend to make a hasp not be recognised, giving a "HASP not found error".
    Sometimes it could also be a result of Window updates.

Try reloading the sentinel device drivers, or repairing the Mastercam install

Im not seeing the lights for a couple of wks and then one night for no reason it did but still said HASP not found and then stopped working all together again
    Have not tried to unenstall and reinstall this version yet as you say may help

if you have had your hasp in and out of your computer a number of times then it is possible the contacts are worn or damaged , or simply dirty . I'd try cleaning the contacts with alcohol , otherwise it might be possible to take it in to an electronics shop and have a new connector soldered on .

Im not seeing the lights for a couple of wks and then one night for no reason it did but still said HASP not found and then stopped working all together again
    Have not tried to unenstall and reinstall this version yet as you say may help
    No. Don't uninstall / re-install, you need to diagnose the problem.

Have you tried to plug it into a different port, or even a different PC. It could still light up
    You won't be able to run any Mastercam that is after the USB maintenance level is set at.
    Have you tried running Hasp Setup or HaspX on the start menu...
    These allow you to setup drivers, read hasp setting without running Mastercam. Also where you insert an update code to change product level and maintenance expiry.

Seeing that you have a net licence on the PCs, try running Nhasp X.... hit "read" to show what is licenced to the attached nethasp, hit "Active lic" to see what is avail/allowed/used. This should give you an indication of what to expect on the laptop.

On this PC i only use the HASP as it was used as a portable machine for going to different factorys
    I tryed as you said with all them install things and drives and Hasp dowloads but its still dead
    Easy one to try another computer and same thing the HASP does not light up
    Thank you for the reply

Just curious... have you posted on eMastercam ??
    Noticed a very similar thread, similar solutions, identical frustrations. Back in March ( yeah, I have an acc. there as well).

I've learnt something... that USB hasps are out. My co doesn't connect to the Web, so, Mastercam would need to find a nethasp if ours was kaput. But we are current with maintenance, & our cost would be low.

I only wanted you to test if the light came on.
    Pity your reseller can't test it for you.

Yes i am the same person just looking for awnsers and to be honest i seems to me as everything before X19 i going to be dead in the water soon and well etiher i buy a newer version or learn one of these other ones and to be honest cant be arsed
    It was a company called inhousesolutions in Canada at that time and they are still around but really not much luck via them ----Will keep trying to find solution and few more options left yet lol