587,089 active members*
2,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Vickers acramatic 2100 (cincinnati Milacron) Help

Unhappy Vickers acramatic 2100 (cincinnati Milacron) Help

Hi all,

Hoping someone can guide or point me in the right direction for solving this issue.
    I recently bought a prolight VMC 5000 which has a Vickers acramatic 2100 (cincinnati Milacron) system. when i go to turn it on, it comes up with "insert BOOT Diskette"(picture attached) - assuming this means a boot disk, which i do not have.

I have never dealt with this type of system before so am quite lost, along with how i can tell a lack of community within the UK for this system and resources i can find.

Has anyone encountered this and knows what to do and would be able to guide me through it. i have read else where about the cr batteries being dead and causing boot issues, not sure if that has anything to do with it but i know this machine hasn't been used for a period of time, not knowing how long that actually is unfortunately. any help or guidance i would be ever so grateful.

thanks
    Leon

1st picture is the error screen
    2/3rd picture is the system when it was working

Re: Vickers acramatic 2100 (cincinnati Milacron) Help

Cant see pictures ?
    There is guys with really great knowledge here (im not one of them )
    but my guess is that HD is broken. meaby try unplug it and see if you get same error.
    Or meaby W.S (workstation) battery is too low and lost bios settings .

Thanks - Hopefully they're attached this time.

I will try that, thank you - glad to know im in the right place

UPDATE:
    seems the battery is fine as it comes up with the correct date and time

I took the unit apart to get to the 'computer' part. plugged it into an external monitor and powered up and i get this (pictures). not sure why it didnt come up on the built in screen. Never encountered this before, any ideas? time for a bit of googling

I think the HD is done...

It looks that way @Kwirk!! I'm going to back up the hard drive using a different computer but with the same version of NT, and then try and fix the missing/corrupted file. failing that, does anyone know software wise how all of this is put together if i wanted to start a new HD from fresh, OS is Windows NT but what software does it use, does it need any drivers? are they easily downloadable online? or does anyone have a copy? thanks

Too complicated for me. I was able to make a clone before it was bad (made noise). But i would try recover the machine specific parameters and stuff from the corrupted.
    Then find a disc /copy from similar machine.

There is sometimes on ebay discs for sale and you can spec. What machine you have..must be someone with knowledge then.