Hi,
I use Fusion, but like you guys did not like it much at first. I had been using MasterCam, and whether you like it or not MasterCAM is exceptionally good.

With Fusion I very much disliked the subscription model and that it is Cloud based, and will confess that I'd still rather a perpetual license. I have become used to
Fusion and the subscription model now bothers me less. What's the bet all your bank records, business accounting records and medical records and other stuff besides is already on the Cloud?
I'm afraid the idea of 'avoiding' the Cloud is just not a practical proposition these days.

Having said that Fusion is OK. The CAD part is OK, maybe not good, depending on what you are doing but certainly OK. The CAM is again OK. Its not as good as MasterCAM, but then its a small
fraction of the price too. Overall I rate Fusion as OK, it may not be the best of any one thing, but it does all things OK or better.

Where I believe Fusion really shines is that its a one stop shop, or at least trying to be. For instance it has a useful (OK rather than the very best, but OK) FEA module which I use.
I use the Electronics module extensively which is Schematic Capture, Circuit Simulation, PCB design. There are extension modules for Impedance matching design, Thermal Design.
There are other features that I don't use or particularly care about, but having FEA, Electronics, CAD and CAM in one package for $500/year is a winning combination.
I have bought a Fusion Machining Extensions subscription since I now have four axis and trunnion + fifth axis platter. All the genuine simultaneous five axis CAM solutions are $10,000USD or more
(perpetual), so I'd never have been able to afford simultaneous five axis BUT FOR Fusions Machining Extensions subscription.

All-in-all I am very satisfied that I'm getting value for money relative to competing CAD/CAM programs. I have a solution that does most things OK or better than OK, at a price and terms I can afford.
Whether you like or hate Autodesk.....you've got to say they have worked hard to produce a solution to get as many new customers as they possibly can. My business has benefited greatly that
they have done so.

Craig