Quote Originally Posted by suspension View Post
I was wondering how much the ball screw would pull towards the end nut when it is fully tightened. Please see below photos.
I want to make use of the full length of the screw thread so need to align the floating bearing to its limit when the end nut is fully tightened up.
...not sure i understand you correctly here, but isn't the floating end of the ball-screw really "floating"? Mine is resting inside a bearing which sits in a housing with no(!) axial limits at all...if the nut wasn't there at the other end, the bearing at the "floating" end can pop out of the housing...

Have a look at hiwins drawing:
https://www.hiwin.de/en/Products/Bea...C5/p/18-000444
...does your "floating end" look like the crosssection here? No axial limits...

If so, just push the shoulders on the ballscrew against the bearings and measure the distance... I would place the floating bearing roughly in the middle of the bearingblock...

When you tighten the nut on the ballscrew it only compresses the bearing a tiny amount. There is a very small gap between the inner races of the bearings, when you tighten the nut you compress these races together and the gap goes away. The amount of gap is designed such that when the two inner races touch eachother the bearing is perfectly preloaded. After they touch, you gain nothing by tightning the nut more...this does not require a lot of force nor does it require precise torqing of the nut...

/Thomas