587,760 active members*
2,668 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Looking for design input. ~48"x~60" DIY router/plasma

Hybrid View

Re: Looking for design input. ~48"x~60" DIY router/plasma

I've just skimmed through this thread and now that the pictures are visible,I have to wonder if there is any reason why you couldn't attach additional lengths of the gantry extrusions on edge to increase the section and hence the resistance to deflection.A pair of T shaped gantry beams would surely be an improvement.It would give the drag chains somewhere to live as well.

Re: Looking for design input. ~48"x~60" DIY router/plasma

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    I've just skimmed through this thread and now that the pictures are visible,I have to wonder if there is any reason why you couldn't attach additional lengths of the gantry extrusions on edge to increase the section and hence the resistance to deflection.A pair of T shaped gantry beams would surely be an improvement.It would give the drag chains somewhere to live as well.
    I currently have 4 pieces of the extrusion that are about 40 inches long and 2 that are about 84 inches long. I also have numerous random very solid pieces of other extrusion. I'll have to see what I've got that might suit my needs.