587,467 active members*
2,937 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Daewoo Puma 8s Fanuc OTC Absolute compensated tool geometry not working

Daewoo Puma 8s Fanuc OTC Absolute compensated tool geometry not working

Hi! I'm having an issue with a Fanuc Otc Daewoo puma 8s lathe 96' Bought it 2-3 years ago and had it in my workshop, first thing I did is made a parameter/diagnostics backup, never tested the machine.
    Tool probe is disconnected from machine.
    Some weeks ago I changed a fanuc keysheet membrane, turned off machine, turned on and parameters where gone. I loaded the parameters back.
    I have electrical diagram from machine,
    Nc parameter details with a backup paper in machine/Timer Diagostics info etc..
    All is working on the machine except:

"The Display of the Absolute value position with compensated tool geometry value in manual mode" -wont work.

This means: I can call any tool on MDI for example T0202.. measure with MX0..etc.. measured value goes into the geometry offset correctly but the measurement won't be updated after confirmation by T0202 in MDI in the Absolute screen. I can even call another tool that has a value for example T0505 turret rotated and the Absolute value stays the same.

If I move the machine in x or z it will show me the machine absolute values without tool compensation.

I'm going crazy, I have gone through parameter values on OT manual, special options parameters, Nc parameters, Diagnostics etc.

Workshift works I can in theory set one tool in X and Z by moving the workshift. And the Absolute position will be updated.

I was able to hook up the tool probe manually, open the arm, OFST page opens and OFST starts blinking on the right bottom of the fanuc screen, I manually touched the probe and tool geometry was inserted into the correct area in Tool geometry offsets. Nevertheless still have the same issue on Absolute position.

I have no error or alarms on the controller, I
    have several other Fanuc OT machines that work properly in the same manner while measuring and entering geometry data.

Im starting to to think there might be a damaged board or faulty eeprom. Which I don't think because all else is working ok.

Thanks!

Re: Daewoo Puma 8s Fanuc OTC Absolute compensated tool geometry not working

i think is parameter settings
    Can you upload the cnc parameters?
    thank you

Hi @Zavateandu!

thanks for reaching out!
    Youtube link of the issue:

https://youtu.be/EBXIQpgkK6Q

Link for all my parameters and the info I have been able to find on these machines

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

Daewoo Puma 8s Fanuc OTC
    Serial # f96100322
    PM8S 0770

I have all electrical diagrams for this machine, but not original Blue book.
    Thanks in advance..

So you uploaded the back up that you have from 1 year ago?That is corect?

Yes, I uploaded the backup that I had initially made when the machine arrived.
    All except the issue that I mentioned works fine.