Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
Hi Mogi - I have looked a few of Langmuirs videos and the MR-1 seems to cut steel fine. I suggest you copy it and you'll be fine.
Yes that is my plan from the beginning, to copy it and do better at the parts that they skimmed on to keep the price low.

I found the spindle info and they use an AC servo with a 1:2.67 belt (my guess). The servo runs at 3000rpm and they step it up so it can run to 8000rpm. You can get servos that run 0-6000rpm so no belts needed.
I saw it before and thought about something similar.

They use a leadscrew for the Z which I find interesting, use a ballscrew. Make it a bit stiffer then the MR-1 and it will work out. And do a better job at cable management...Peter
Yea i'm going with 20mm ballscrew on all axis, Gantry will be 200mm square, Y rails they are using 25mm thick plate, i will be using about 40mm, the width of the x carriage will be 250mm, z carriage 200mm and spindle plate 200m to make the distance between the linear bearings more to give more stability and so on, still researching.

or save up and buy the LR-1 much simpler. I'm sure your going to pay $4500USD plus by the time you get it all together. If I built that basic machine here in OZ ($4500USD = $6700AUD) I would have no change from $6500AUD although the machine would be a little bigger...
I whish, but since i'm Living in Turkey, i can't buy it from them so i choose the building route, since they provided a full video on the install process, i'm gonna follow it even cut the installing helping plates that you can see in the videos.