587,737 active members*
3,276 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Y axis homing problem FANUC OM-C

Thanks for the info. It all worked in the end. Excellent

Now that i stuffed around withy the Z axis home switch for fault finding i need to realign the ATC.

Any ideas ?
    Its a Kiwa Excel 810 VMC with Fanuc 0-MC

I read in one post taking the brake off and moving the arm .... then adjusting the Z for the height.
    Just cant work out how to move the arm

Quote Originally Posted by jubee View Post

Now that i stuffed around withy the Z axis home switch for fault finding i need to realign the ATC.

Any ideas ?

I read in one post taking the brake off and moving the arm .... then adjusting the Z for the height.
    If the toolchnge magazine and tool arm are a single unit.The place to start is to check the pick up and deposit of tools in and out of the magazine using manual functions. Correct if required.

Next, drive all axis to toolchanging position and using a tool without a pull stud in the arm, use the manual functions to find out where the misalignments are. Then adjust toolchange position parameters and or tool arm position.

To move the tool arm you may need to press in the arm motor contactor button in the electrical panel, by jabbing it in little by little to align the arm, but only if no manual functions exist. Be super careful doing this and you will need a second person to help.

The tool arm might have adjustable dead stops and confirmation switches that may need attention for spindle position.

You may be able to move the arm using the motor fan with a bar in the brake to act as a lever to unlock the motor. Remove fan cover and find the brake lever hole. DON'T do this with power on, keep e-stop pressed to prevent motor running if off the switches.

You may need a service tech, because these procedures can be dangerous for the inexperienced. A good tech could do these adjustments in a few hours.

Re: Y axis homing problem FANUC OM-C

Quote Originally Posted by jubee View Post

Any ideas ?

ussualy the motor of the arm has a hexagonal shaft on the end for a 12mm or 13mm socket key
    also ussually there is a levier around the end of motor,where is the cover of the ventilator,to release the brake and be able to rotate by key the arm
    Move the Z axis and rotate the arm untill you reach the perfect position where will be a gap on the upper side ,around 0.5-0.7mm like in the hand draw i made for you to understand
    most of people do not know the science behind it but i willl let it here to be understand
    the arm profile is smaller than the tool groove like i show in the drawing and it is need it becasue when the tool is release from spindle must drop on the arm holder and not to damage the arm by pulling it up or pushing it down
    when the arm will come with the tool to the spindle ,the gap will be on the lower side and when the tool will be clamped that must have a space for the axial movement of 0.5-0.6mm for a BT40 tool and will not pull the arm up while clamping
    so that is the best position for a tool change where the sequence will run smooth and with no visible movement of the arm ,up or down while clapming or unclamping from the spindle
    If you do not know exactly if your arm motor can be moved by key just show us a picture from above and we will see
    The pciture is for a tool in spindle already clamped and the arm that is coming to the spindle side.
    Good luckClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ARM-TOOL.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	489400