587,178 active members*
4,860 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: New owner Torus Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mklotz70 View Post
    Sorry for the delay.....I don't seem to get notifications for new comments, just the original. I have to come back and look for them.

That's great that it's been narrowed down a bit. I don't know mach that well. I'll have to dig around a bit when I have the mill fired up. I've never had any issues with my smooth stepper, but I don't know why mach would vary.

Just to make sure.......the varying voltage at 6000rpms is when you have just the spindle turning at that rpm....correct? You're not measuring that while it's running the toolpath. If that voltage is varying when you simply tell mach to run the spindle at 6000, it should not be. There would be one command sent when you hit F3 or click in mach. Mach won't be sending constantly changing commands, so my guess is that it's not mach. If I remember right, there is an adjustment on the bob to make sure the 10v equals 6000rpms. There's no reason for it to be varying the voltage unless it's possibly bad and the vibrations are causing it to change. It's a small blue component with a screw. You can turn that back and forth a bit to see if it varies the voltage. It should be the adjustment that would raise your 5400 to 6000.....but it shouldn't cause the bouncing of the rpms.
    Thank you, greatly appreciate it.
    Well yesterday, I unplugged everything and looked at all the terminals, triple checked all the terminals to make sure they were tight. This morning I fire it up and it sees the full 6000rpms now. I am running a program and it is working great, nothing slowing it down. I am not sure what fixed it, but I would think that it could be the plug that goes in the BOB labeled spindle C300. Every wire was tight , went over them multiple times.
    I am really loving this machine now. Thank you everyone for their input.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by againstallodds1 View Post
    Thank you, greatly appreciate it.
    Well yesterday, I unplugged everything and looked at all the terminals, triple checked all the terminals to make sure they were tight. This morning I fire it up and it sees the full 6000rpms now. I am running a program and it is working great, nothing slowing it down. I am not sure what fixed it, but I would think that it could be the plug that goes in the BOB labeled spindle C300. Every wire was tight , went over them multiple times.
    I am really loving this machine now. Thank you everyone for their input.
    Paul
    Spoke too soon, problem is back after a few good cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by againstallodds1 View Post
    Spoke too soon, problem is back after a few good cuts.
    Well at least you are making progress, and now know it works. I imagine there is a transformer on the board if you can get to the pins or solder joints, you can test high voltage inputs and the low voltage out puts. Could be a bad solder joint or failing transformer.

That's awesome that it's up and running. Sounds like it was a poor connection. Have fun and let us see some of the stuff you end up making. -Mike
    Don't have to be too bright to be me