587,608 active members*
3,962 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > GE Fanuc & FANUC proprietary posts

Hybrid View

Re: GE Fanuc & FANUC proprietary posts

Mitsubishi made a control (520AMR) that physically looked identical to the other 520/530 controls but had different hardware.
    Afaik, Fanuc's option activation has been compromised. If not, it will be. As to the legality of bypassing Fanuc, only a court decision regarding this can tell us whether it is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    Mitsubishi made a control (520AMR) that physically looked identical to the other 520/530 controls but had different hardware.
    Afaik, Fanuc's option activation has been compromised. If not, it will be. As to the legality of bypassing Fanuc, only a court decision regarding this can tell us whether it is legal.
    Yes ,in the old controllers ,indeed was compromised because of people that put their hands in some usefull nformation and made a lot of money activating options to customers.
    Also i do not know why you are so sure that the option system will be compromised in the future too,this will be very closed monitor and take actions.
    When you purchase a machine,you pay "X"amount of money that represent MTB+Fanuc work and years of experince and you get what you paied.Now why you should have a full option machine ,that will make a lot more money for you becasue of complexity of your jobs you can do with it and not paying to Fanuc or MTB?Why you should try to bypass the normal way ?I know many will say ,man ,it is expensive,but doing more money with your machine with more functions, will be only a win to you?You do not pay only the activation of that functions but also the expereince behind these and all the time spend to make it work and study from MTB or Fanuc.
    Why if Fanuc is starting a very close monitoring process for all users that activate options ilegally and do not suport them any more in any case and make an understanding with MTB also not to suport that customers with any parts in the future?But ,yes,anyone is open to do what they want with their machine,it is in their backyard,nobody can take it out from your factory.You know that every controller that goes from Fanuc to a MTB has a data sheet with all options installed on the time it is purchased and it will be easy to monitor ,when going to do a work on site to see if that data sheet has the same options or not and can take actions.
    Can be many ways to stop this unfair situation that should have a both side win.
    My 2 cents on this

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    You know that every controller that goes from Fanuc to a MTB has a data sheet with all options installed on the time it is purchased and it will be easy to monitor ,when going to do a work on site to see if that data sheet has the same options or not and can take actions.
    I have a Leadwell from the late '80s. I've ask FANUC in US, they do not have the sheet with options for my controller. Since Leadwell TW doesn't have the build sheets for older machines, the only source I have is old manuals. There is one guy in TW that allegedly has the old build sheets, but he never replied to my emails.

My personal opinion, anyone using '80s cnc controllers should be supported and sponsored (from mfgs' mkting budget) as a testament to the controllers' durability.

"this will be very closed monitor and take actions." What would the (legal) action be?