587,603 active members*
3,668 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Disconnected bar feeder and now Puma will not run

Hybrid View

Re: Disconnected bar feeder and now Puma will not run

Quote Originally Posted by neoindustries View Post
    I have an issue somewhat related to this thread but I can't follow some of the terminology here (Keep Relay 7.1, JPC1, etc..) Possibly someone can throw me a clue.

I bought a machine and bar feed at auction that hadn't been used in a few years. I am sure it has several issues, but I can't get past the bar feed alarm to test it out. The machine is a Daewoo Puma 200LC SNPM201090. The bar loader is SMW 2003 (SPAC.2008) SN 09-275, I have the books, diagrams, etc...

At the most basic level I just want to zero the machine and run a simple program and see what I have. I have fixed the hydraulic power pack and a few other things to get this far.

I have had some people look at it and I think they've jacked with the bar feed wiring and I'm trying to put it back together.

I would like to either properly wire the bar feeder or just remove the bar feeder and complete the wiring steps so the machine is no longer held by an alarm.

Can this be explained to me or can anyone recommend a knowledgeable person in the Dallas area that I can make a service call to?

Thanks
    Bob

The SMW 2003 has some orange relays on the mother board. They have manual activation "flip-up" levers on them.
    One of them is K2: This should be the Spacesaver OK signal.
    If wired correctly, even with the power off, one position of the lever (UP/DOWN) should allow the alarm to clear.
    You can sort out the next interface issue after that...
    With four inputs and four outputs to the interface, you can expect a potential of 8 issue (barring issues of miswiring or broken items)

Your MELDAS control does not have the Keep relays and "JPC" is a jumper connection that is removed when adding an accessory.
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Thank you. That helped. The alarm cleared and I verified the wiring. There are still numerous issues to work through, but I had been stuck on that alarm for several months. I purchased the machine and bar feeder last summer for $250 fully understanding it would not be a production asset anytime soon.

I already had two different machine tool dealer techs and an independent tech look at it before posting on this forum. They all told me how little they knew about the equipment, did nothing, but still took my money.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by neoindustries View Post
    Thank you. That helped. The alarm cleared and I verified the wiring. There are still numerous issues to work through, but I had been stuck on that alarm for several months. I purchased the machine and bar feeder last summer for $250 fully understanding it would not be a production asset anytime soon.

I already had two different machine tool dealer techs and an independent tech look at it before posting on this forum. They all told me how little they knew about the equipment, did nothing, but still took my money.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Bob
    SMW Systems is still in business under the name ATS Systems 800 423 4651 will still reach them for technical support.

I'm having a similar issue with my Daewoo Lynx 200. It has a Mitsubishi Meldas 50M control and Spacesaver 2000 barfeed. The machine always displays a bar feed alarm. I tried disconnecting the barfeed and jumping pin 10 to 11 and 22 to 23 per the diagram above. But I still can't get the alarm to clear. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkin117 View Post
    I'm having a similar issue with my Daewoo Lynx 200. It has a Mitsubishi Meldas 50M control and Spacesaver 2000 barfeed. The machine always displays a bar feed alarm. I tried disconnecting the barfeed and jumping pin 10 to 11 and 22 to 23 per the diagram above. But I still can't get the alarm to clear. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
    Are you wanting it to work, or just wanting to bypass it?

I can help with either. One is more involved and requires some skill from you, while bypassing it is easy.