587,083 active members*
2,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak M4 Problems

Hello all.

Being my first post, I'd like to give some info about myself. I'm 19 and just started a fresh job. This is my first job working around CNC machines, although I've been through 2 years of shop class and some programs at the local community college.

We're currently having a bit of a problem with our Mazak. Now, I've worked on machines before (PLC wiring and DC circuts) but NOTHING prepaired me for opening this beasts electrical cab. I was amazed by the wall of relays (quite scared, to be honest)

Symptoms:
    -It'll run for a few passes about an hours work into it'll shut itself off. It reads "N/C fuse" and "Lube falture headstock" on it's alarm lights It was low on oil (both spindle and hydrualic) Now everything's topped of. I'm new to this shop so I dont know how they did the upkeep on this machine. Could a clogged filter be the problem? Is there anywhere online I coud get a manual for this thing (google only seems to show used ones forsale)

My apoligies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Exclamation Hopefully helpful

Hello!
    My name is Toby, I have operated a mazak 6t system for about a year 1/2 now. hopefully its somewhat the same setup. The one I run I have to fill a reservoir on the far right end of the machine it holds about a QT, it has a a piece that looks like a car engine valve upside down with about an 1/8 inch hole in the center of it. Hold your thumb over the center hole and pull it up and push it down several times, you might have to work with it. This actually primes the systems oiler, once this is done it should keep going until it runs about an 1/8 of inch from the bottom of the reservoir. That should make the light go out. Maybe you have already tried this, if so then you will have to trace down the line from the reservoir out to see where it is clogged. Good luck! Don~t know about the fuse, unless fuse is re-settable , it might be weak or defected.

mazak lover

Hi
    I have 2 mazak m4 ,
    Great machines when they work, but as u know they are getting a bit old.
    problem u have is an oil pressure switch faulty . needs replacing you have 3 options 1 buy a new one if u can at great expense
    2 use a car oil pressure switch rated the same
    3 by pass the switch which means u have no protection but it is a quick
    fix and cheapest just remember to keep an eye on the oil level
    hope this helps
    pikkipeople