New problem. Started KMotion this morning. Looked normal. Started KMotionCNC. Message block reads "Unable to open Tool Table File". "C:\KMotion435f\KMotion\Data\" Hit ok. Cnc screen is not the way I left it. Looks like default screen. I use lathe screen. Went to Tool Setup screen. Everything is gone. Selected 'Basic Lathe 2 Axis'. Same message again. It went to lathe screen, but nothing works. No INIT button. All user buttons are blank. Trajectory Planner is at default. When I exit KMotionCNC, the message "Configuration File was not properly loaded on startup. Would you like to save the current configuration?" I hit 'No'. What have I done?

Anyway, I switched the spindle encoder command wire from dac2 to dac4. Spindle will run on Dac4 commands. Spindle is still affected by step response moves or Console commands, same as before.

Please explain proper way of checking encoder with multimeter. Do I check across A-,A+ then B-,B+ or each wire to gnd? I assume the wires are to be disconnected from Kanalog. All this while turning and stopping the encoder, while powered up, with spindle drive fuses out.

Thanks