587,497 active members*
4,093 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fagor 8055t comms cable

hello
    can anyone help me with the cable pin to pin connections for communicating between the fagor 8055t and the pc. the fagor has a 25 pin male plug (db25p) and the pc has a 9 pin female plug (db9s).

cheers Ian

http://www.fagor-automation.com/CNC/..._232_Setup.pdf

This info will also be in your manuals.

I had difficulties as well though, Fagor controls have a 9 pin serial connection (it will be top left corner in the panel behind the LCD).
    What happens is that the machine manufacturer connects a cable to the Fagor control and routes it somewhere else on the machine. For some reason they like to use the stupid old 25 pin instead of a 9 pin.
    Mine was SUPPOSED to use the same generic standard cable like my Fadal or Sodick uses but it wouldn't work.
    I had to trace out the connections from the Fagor to the 25 pin and change the screw ups from the factory in Tiawan to make the 25pin use the correct pin outs.
    This has NOT to do with Fagor it was the machine builders that f'd up.

Fagor tech support should also talk you through it if you need. They are very helpfull with phone support on thier product. At least in my experience.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Maintainers
    I had similar experience as Darebee
    My Machine Centre has a Fagor 8055MC Controller has a 25 Pin connecter on the side of the Control panel.
    I by passed this plug and wired from the 9 Pin on the back of the Fagor controller directly to my PC 9 Pin.