Quote Originally Posted by Rick_B View Post
mflux_gamblej, Did you ever get the HPA arm put on your Lathe?
Hi Rick,

No, it didnt work out because the lathe didnt have fanuc macro language. You need to be able to do more than a G31 'skip' function you need access to the tool offset data, and also to be able to carry out simple math like add subtract divide (for averages).

I have added probes to some brother machines with the A00 control lately. They were meant to be used back in the day with a wired probe like a sony for example. but they work just fine with the wireless renishaw stuff. a little pricey because you need to run the modern smaller probe bodies in a bt30 machine. those machines dont have the needed macros, but they did have built in G functions to do probing cycles and those work fine.

fadals really hit it out of the park with regards to no firmware crippled features. where those 'H' men ... yea sure, give me $5k and we will 'turn on' HSM. what a load of sh**

I have another fanuc lathe right now with a 10T control, it also lacks macro language. I asked around about adding macro to a fanuc. nobody I talked to had 'ever heard' of anyone adding that feature after purchase... lol.

so thats a long answer, but the answer is no. If you're looking to buy my HPA setup I may sell it. I have the mount for the wall, the arm, the probe tip. It is not the type where it is on a motor an auto moves into measuring placement. you have to mount it, but its kinematic with 3 ball references or something so it goes back in the same each time.