587,629 active members*
3,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Sick of Tormach's poor customer service

Hybrid View

Re: Sick of Tormach's poor customer service

Centroid uses a forum very successfully to support their products. I'm betting that Tormach has answered some of the same questions hundreds if not thousands of times. Prusa 3d also has a similar forum.
    Even Verizon (almost always at the bottom of customer service surveys) has a support forum which seems to be staffed almost entirely with "volunteers".

I understand not supporting mods for both liability and financial reasons, but they certainly could be covered in a sub-forum not monitored by the company but still a repository of knowledge.

Personally, I think Tormach has missed several opportunities - 1. Not organizing community support and therefore not fully creating a community around their products. 2. Service, not call in or warranty, but a contract or arrangement with a national service company which could offer PMs, service and more importantly commissioning of their products for interested individuals and companies. Imagine what Haas or Fadal would be if they didn't offer or include commissioning with machine installation?

All that said, I think it's a testament to Tormach and it's machines that they have been successful despite a wide range of users, abilities and installations.

Re: Sick of Tormach's poor customer service

I look at it as if the machines hadnt been affordable to hobbyists and others like myself, I wouldnt have had the opportunity to learn the CNC trade.
    I have managed to fix most all the problems I have had with mine.
    It is not a machine made in my country, the price point reflects that, if it were I couldnt/wouldnt have bought the machine.
    It is not perfect but then again what is, there are always improvements to be made.
    The software is free and it works flawlessly!

They are also dealing with this super flu and company expansion, there will be a hiccup or two along the way as neither of these are easily dealt with.
    Overall there are pluses that I think should be considered as well..........
    mike sr