Quote Originally Posted by rodney247 View Post
I was thinking you wanted a washdown like the hydrosweep which used the 100gpm. We have exactly the same thing as warrenb has, on all of our fadals a good 25ft. hose connected to a tee valve(so you can shut it off if needed) works great. Just hook it to your existing pump..... just beware that some fadals flood coolant pumps out there dont put out the volume for the flood coolant and a garden hose. So you may need to get a better coolant pump that can keep up otherwise the washdown can be disappointing even with the flood coolant valve shut off at the head.

I have a 4020 with the coolant tank that goes under the left hand side of the machine, and extends out 18" form the side, it's got a large pump and Hydrosweep (not sure if it's 100gpm) but it pushes out a lot of coolant to wash chips down into the conveyor. The problem is if there's more than maybe an 1/8" covering of chips on the slooping floor of the enclosure it has trouble moving the chips. So I never use the hydrosweep.

I have a garden hose and nozzle attached to the coolant pump. It's ok to move chips off the table, but to move chips down to the conveyor I use a stiff brush and shovel.