587,875 active members*
3,399 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 4 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaker View Post
    , promiced me the world and did not deliver. .
    thats usually the way its done , good companies are accomidating and crappy companies find promising the world will get people in the revolving door

as for some of the other post i read , complaining about what the boss does or what the boss is making or what the boss owns is just wrong !!!!!!
    he s worked for it , funded the buisiness and PAYS your wages ,

ive worked with many guys over the years who b!tch and complain about their job their wages the company ,always the victim , and never had the balls to speak up ,
    ive always said , if the job is that bad or the wages are that bad QUIT ! its just a job ,
    i have a mortgage and a family to support just as well as anyone else ,thats not enough excuse not to be a man

ive told enough bosses over the years ,"i dont take no sh!Y@ outside these doors ,i'm not going to take any in them ,
    and when they're true men they respect that

mind you when ive scraped that one critical part ,or blew up that tool , i'll put my head down and take whats coming(nuts)

It all comes down to this

J-Radke,
    You are a whiner, You should probobly find your self a nice UAW job somewhere. It sounds to me like you just are not willing to do what it takes to make it in this bis. When I was first starting out I drove from Kawkawlin to Troy MI (90min ride) for 7.50 an hour. It was 1984 and I wanted to learn more about the CNC trade. At this time it was just starting to get good.And there was none of it around here. I drove that for a year until I was able to save enough to move. I did everything that I was asked to do. I even learn to program on my own time. (no one else would do it). I have quit jobs to take on new jobs because they had the technoligy I wanted to learn. Long story short I never whined about how much I made when I felt I was worth more than I was paid I went and found some one to pay it.
    So quit your job or quit your whining it is that simple.

Bluesman

Bluesman,

Maybe It Came Across That I'm Just Whinin' ... But My Intent In My Original Post Was To Find Some Others Who Had A Similar Yob As I And See What Kind Of Salary They Made... I Had To List All Of My Responsibilites To Try To Find Someone W/ The Same Yob Desc..
    If You Haven't Read All Of The Posts... I Don't Want Another Yob!!!
    This Shop May Be Mine One Day?!? I'm Just Feelin Underpaid And Thought There Might Be Some Feedback From Others About Their Salary Before I Ask For A Raise.

Oh Yeah, By The Way, $7.50 Per Hr. In '84... Was Prolly Pretty Good.
    How Much Was Gas Per Gal. Then?
    How Bout A Home Mortgage?
    My Parents Home Sold In '98 For $38,000
    It Now Has New Siding And Is For Sale @ $75,000

I Started Out @ $3.00 Per Hour @ Age 12 Running A Drill Press & De-burring Parts... So I Guess We All Make A Little More Than We Did 15or 20 Years Ago...

I Love My Job... Just Want More Money...
    Don't We All?

Wahhhh Wahhhh Wahhh !!!!
    That Was Just For You!!!

Yes, we all want to earn more....we all just need to figure how to accomplish that task....

The one thing that I've learned...is that it is self-defeating to compare yourself to someone else and then fall into the "why not me situation.." and not take any action to change.

Quote Originally Posted by j-radkemachine View Post
    Bluesman,

Maybe It Came Across That I'm Just Whinin' ... But My Intent In My Original Post Was To Find Some Others Who Had A Similar Yob As I And See What Kind Of Salary They Made... I Had To List All Of My Responsibilites To Try To Find Someone W/ The Same Yob Desc..
    If You Haven't Read All Of The Posts... I Don't Want Another Yob!!!
    This Shop May Be Mine One Day?!? I'm Just Feelin Underpaid And Thought There Might Be Some Feedback From Others About Their Salary Before I Ask For A Raise.

Oh Yeah, By The Way, $7.50 Per Hr. In '84... Was Prolly Pretty Good.
    How Much Was Gas Per Gal. Then?
    How Bout A Home Mortgage?
    My Parents Home Sold In '98 For $38,000
    It Now Has New Siding And Is For Sale @ $75,000

I Started Out @ $3.00 Per Hour @ Age 12 Running A Drill Press & De-burring Parts... So I Guess We All Make A Little More Than We Did 15or 20 Years Ago...

I Love My Job... Just Want More Money...
    Don't We All?

Wahhhh Wahhhh Wahhh !!!!
    That Was Just For You!!!

7.50 an hour was about maybe 12 bucks by todays standards. Gas maybe 1.30 gal I paid 46,000 for a 100 year old house and intrest rates were 14% on the mortgage. (A little gift left over from the Jimmy Carter Admin) Car Payment was not much better. Inflation was just starting to come down.
    The late 70 and early 80 were tough because of inflation. So even 10 bucks an hour did not go far.
    And it did not come across that you were whinin YOU WERE whinin, I would give my left nut to be in a position to have my own shop someday.

Bluesman

In '84, I recall the price of gas went over $.75/gal...that was just before the year I bought my first car, so you don't forget things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    ....I would give my left nut to be in a position to have my own shop someday.

Bluesman
    Make sure you produce the heirs that will inherit the business first.

lol!

That's Some Funny **** Man!!

BLUESMAN , THE GAS PRICE TENAJA STATED SOUNDS A LITTLE MORE REALISTIC... ( EVEN THO IT FLUXUATES ) I REMEMBER BUYING IT @ BARELY OVER $1.00 A GAL IN '96...

I BOUGHT MY FIRST CAR WHEN I WAS 14 ... ( '83 CAMARO - $800.00 .... HARDLY RAN... PUT MOST OF MY MONEY TOWARD IT FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS... HAD A BAD-ASS CAR WHEN I GOT MY D.L. )

MY CAR COULD KIK UR CAR'S ASS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Make sure you produce the heirs that will inherit the business first.
    Way ahead of you I got 5 boys

Bluesman

By The Way...
    Bluesman,

I Love The Blues... You Don't Deserve The Right To Call Urself "bluesman"
    Maybe A#%MAN
    Just Kiddin.... Don't Get Mad.... Settle Down....
    Deep Breaths....
    It'll Be O.k.

Guys i rarely if ever post anything on here but i have read all posts and cant help myself.For those of you whinning about what you make i would tell you to stop but i know you wont.

I have been in this trade for about twelve years now i was fortunate to serve an apprenticeship in a shop where we could enjoy our day have fun and make a decent wage all so.Yet some people still would whine,constantly.Questioning why the boss did this,why does this guy make more,why did that guy get a bigger raise,why does the boss have money for a new car but our bonus check is smaller,etc.,etc.

Eventually i left,not for more money,but because work was slowing up and i had an opportunity to go and learn new skills at another shop.Me and my old boss are still very good friends to this day.We BOTH worked hard for each other and we both benefitted from it.

My next job was not as fun nor did i become great friends with the boss,but i did earn his respect along with other employees who recognized hard work and a team attitude.I was well compensated for this,while other employees who just like the last shop felt it more productive to whine about what was wrong were not as well compensated,even though they did good work.

Now i have left and have started my own shop,things are going well.I work long hard hours for sometimes excellent pay and sometimes no pay.Some people are cut out for it and some are not.

The conclusion of the matter is this,those who want to whine and question what everyone else makes and spends there money on are paid less for a reason(this will never change).ATTITUDE plays a part.If you feel your worth more than your making go to your boss and state your case(dont just say i need a raise,prove why you are worth keeping around)if the company has the money and your worth it(not just in job performance but in attitude and teamwork)you WILL get a raise.If the raise is not given rather than WHINE about how you were wronged you should take a step back and look in the mirror and think about if you had hundreds of thousands of dollars invested,working 90 hour weeks for sometimes no pay while providing a safe friendly environment for people to come and earn a good living and provide for there families,would you want to have to put up with an employee like yourself?

J-Rad you sound like a kid whos Daddy owns the shop

Quote Originally Posted by j-radkemachine View Post
    By The Way...
    Bluesman,

I Love The Blues... You Don't Deserve The Right To Call Urself "bluesman"
    Maybe A#%MAN
    Just Kiddin.... Don't Get Mad.... Settle Down....
    Deep Breaths....
    It'll Be O.k.
    Nuff said, You have pretty much summed it up in one short post why you are where you are at. WillMfg has said it much better than I did. I am starting a new job monday I got 3500.00 a year raise to start and 3500.00 more after 6months when I prove that I can do everything I say I can do.
    That is how it is done. I think you need to stay right where you are j-radke you will not make it in this trade without your Dad, I have seen kids like yourself. Spoild little brats waiting to take over dads shop so they can "Make some real money". Sad thing is that I have seen them run Dads shop right into the ground and cost some good folks there jobs.
    Stay right where you are you wont make it in the real world

Bluesman (AKA A#$MAN) And still making more than you ever will

Family business is a tough subject.....you need to suck it up because you're
    managment.
    Sit down with your dad and have a heart to heart talk with him and get some shares or some kind of interest in the company so you feel as though you are working for yourself as well !

Was in the same shoes as you.....all is well now.

j-radke!...bluesman!...
    Don't think I won't pull this car over right here and crack the both a ya' if you don't quit fighting!
    (hee, hee , hee, I couln't resist that one)

merl

Quote Originally Posted by merl View Post
    j-radke!...bluesman!...
    Don't think I won't pull this car over right here and crack the both a ya' if you don't quit fighting!
    (hee, hee , hee, I couln't resist that one)

merl
    Sorry Mr. Lubener, But he started it

(Some old SNL stuff if anyone remembers that bit)

Wow!!!
    Boy Did I Fire Up Some People Or What?

Thanks To Everyone For All The Opinions... Some Of You Out There Understand What I'm Trying To Say A Little Better Than Others I'm Sure... But All Have Made Valid Points Somewhere In Their Statements... ( Even You Bluesman!!! I Was Just Havin A Little Fun W/ Cha ). But Seriously ... I Have Read 'em All & Ur Comments Have Given Me Some Different Perspectives To Think About... ( Especially You People In Mi. That Can't Hardly Find Work... )

Do Know Though , That I'm Not Spoiled!!!
    I Cant Be... I Don't Have Anything!!! And I Damn Sure Don't Blow Any Of My Money...i'm A Hard Worker... I Am Blessed In My Life & I Am Thankful For Everything I Have Achieved So Far...

Good Luck W/ Your New Job Bluesman
    May The New Year Bring You Much Happiness!!!

j-radkemachine,

I have read this thread with interest and normally don't involve myself in discussions like this. I will make an exception this time. It's obvious you are unhappy and are a hard worker. What's not obvious is whether you have talked to your father about this? Have you? I know that I would love the opportunity to talk to my father one more time but that time is long gone. The forum is not the place to solve your problem. I think the negative posts you got is because most everyone here knows the answer. Go talk to your father, and not in the business setting. Talk to him as your father and not your boss! I'll bet you he will listen!

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

I work for my father and i know it's not always easy,but i think turmite is right,you should talk to your father.It work for me

Page 3 of 4 1234