587,837 active members*
3,445 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Trying to cut o-ring grooves using a subprogram.

Hybrid View

Re: Trying to cut o-ring grooves using a subprogram.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    there are a lot of people that still use G91, mostly when hand writing short programs, and what they are used to using, the main risks are when it is not canceled before an absolute move, which can really make for a bad day
    That's right. I programmed by hand for 12 years and would use it as a "canned cycle" all the time to reduce the code length. Using CAM now so I almost never see it unless I want to do something that I can't figure out how to get the CAM to do it.

And mactec54 is right about the risk. Cancel G91 and go back to G90 after you're done!

matt@RFR is right too about the complexity but I'm not a fan of going home after each groove. It would simplify everything though.

Re: Trying to cut o-ring grooves using a subprogram.

Quote Originally Posted by extanker59 View Post
    matt@RFR is right too about the complexity but I'm not a fan of going home after each groove. It would simplify everything though.
    I don't know if it's a setting or a control generation deal or what, but my 2007 VF-2ss ignores redundant tool changes. It's really convenient. My new Brother does NOT ignore duplicate tool changes so I had to change my sub program structure, but it's still not a huge deal.