Quote Originally Posted by strantor View Post
I will devote more time to studying the Neuron but I was initially turned off by it because I prefer to use LinuxCNC, not Mach, and it appeared to be geared to Mach.
Upon second skim of their page, I see some mention of LinuxCNC so I will dig deeper.
Throw in the mix that the MP3600-DTHCIV is a complete solution. It includes the DTHCIV and all of its modules and a single cable interface to the Hyperthem or the choice of a Universal Connection Kit for other plasmas with no internal CNC connections, a 5 axis step & dir double buffered interface with screw terminals or a G540 header. The price includes the PC . Linux OS, LINUXCNC and CommandCNC. PC comes with CAD, Drawing and normal utilities like a Browser (Firefox), PDF reader File manager and Text editor. All you need to add is the RS485 4 port hub and which connection Kit you need for your plasma. You then use whatever motors/drivers and power supply you want.

For options you can get the Ohmic sensor (FT-01) and that gives you a dual touch off set-up when pared with the normal mechanic floating torch holder.

So the DTHCIV is integrated into the Ethernet Bbreakout (BoB) and uses Real TIme LINUX kernel for low latency I/O to be able to do things like VAD (velocity Anti Dive) . VAD is based in the real time velocity of the cut and turns the DTHC on/off in less than1msec. It stops corner diving and end of cut dive.
CommadnCNC is written to specifically support the Ethernet BoB and the DTHCIV. You get specific POSTS for SheetCAM (available as an option installed on the LINUX PC) that give you advanced automation for having all of the DTHC cut settings embedded in the G-Code and auto-load when the G-Code loads. If you tend towards the ultimate control you can go with a Hypertherm 45XP thru 125 with the optional RS485 serial port to give you dynamic control of cut current and air pressure. Add the HyT-Connect Sim kit and it makes that control available in the software.

You can do Plate Marking , Oxy-Fuel and Rotary Pipe cutting without a lot of added expense. CommandCNC and Sheet Cam are ready for those options

Do some due diligence on the LINUXCNC options. We have a GUI CONFIGURATOR for CommandCNC. No rooting around in the INI files or the HAL definitions. The PC is preloaded and comes with default CONFIGS for plasma, Oxy-fuel and router. If on-the-other-hand you LIKE rooting around in LINUXCNC and making your build more challenging and more molecular, then its time for RodW to jump in and extol the excitement of a true DIY plasma CNC system he built over a year long project.

You might be ahead to take advice about systems from a person or persons that actually have the system they are touting up and running and cutting, and have been using it for real production cutting.

You are welcome to join our Support Forum. Its open to non-customers.

TOMcaudle
www.candcnc.com
12 years of Engineering Excellence for CNC