587,726 active members*
3,414 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Hawk 150, acramatic, servo motor rapids like mad on startup

Hybrid View

Re: Hawk 150, acramatic, servo motor rapids like mad on startup

It would take too long to go look if that VFS5 part number is indeed the correct one for y our Hawk 150, I have paying jobs I gotta handle right now: my impression is it is not; we identified the special things we did inside the VFS5 with a 4 digit additional number - where your shows just 00. You can find out by calling Fives.

But in the meantime, I can tell you that we disconnected the heatsink thermal sw inside, and added a jumper inside the drive to an output pin so the a2100 could monitor it instead. If you have a generic VFS5, it will not have this mod.

THAT said, attached is a pix of your wiring diagram showing the pin we used to output the thermal sw. Follow your print and either jumper it on or whatever so the fault goes away. If it is a generic VFS5 without this mod, then the drive iteself is watching the heatsink temp and will handle shut down if it gets too hot. 6 one, half a dozen as they say.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawk200 40 pages.pdf - Foxit Reader.jpg