Chris Davidson,

I appreciate you are vendor trying to sell your product, but I don’t like the way you are doing it.

A one-shot oiler system is a nice to have. If you maintain the equipment properly you will not have an issue. If the motor or driver fails, you are not making any parts. I have had two motors fail and one drive fail. If you look around this forum, motor replacement is one of the number one topics for this type of mill.

I would also not pay $581.11 for your kit. The brass fittings I used are better quality than the brass fittings you are selling with your kit and whether something is an “authentic one-shot oiler fitting” is subjective.

The picture I posted is old and does not show the metering valves I have installed. I did not install them initially because they are pricy and I wanted to see if I could live without them, which I could have, but I am a bit of a perfectionist…comes with being a good engineer.

Grease is commonly used on large VMCs to lubricate box ways and linear rails, so I am not sure what you are talking about. My preference from experience with this mill would be a lubrication system that uses grease with a couple of manifolds with zerk fittings (one for the column and one for the base). It is simpler and less expensive to implement—no metering valves required.

As far as the pump I selected, well I just don’t push the handle down all the way; seems to work fine.

Good luck with your business,

Graham