587,646 active members*
2,999 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    I chose Linux cnc because the GSK is not as expandable or customizable as Linux/pathpilot. It also added $2k to the price, is a Chinese based system, and I prefer the conversational that path pilot offers over the black box type controller. If a Linux component breaks, a whole new set of mesa boards is $299 and can be here in a day, and swapped out in 10 minutes. I will be the installer so will know how to fix anything that might break vs dealing with another company or having a high repair replacement cost. My mission was economical but also more so expandability. Linux can run 5 axis where as GSK 5 axis, even being one of the cheapest of the options, is very expensive. I plan on adding a 4th and 5th so it was the best move for my needs. If you want basic control functionality, I'm sure gsk would be OK, but I was told for mills that the gsk is point to point type and doesn't offer constant velocity for interpolated moves. Whether that is true or not no one has been able to tell me but thats what the machine manufacturer said which turned me off of it completely. I also really like the graphical interface of path pilot, is much easier to make heads or tails of what you want to do.

Hope that explanation was helpful!

Thanks,

Chris

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
    Any chance we can get some more details regarding the Linux CNC setup? What boards are you buying etc?
    Been looking around a bit myself but the Linux CNC documentation at a glance was not enough for me to make an informed decision on what hardware to buy.
    That combined with low forum activity has me worried; I dont want to run into trouble and be unable to find information about it.

Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Doxs View Post
    Any chance we can get some more details regarding the Linux CNC setup? What boards are you buying etc?
    Been looking around a bit myself but the Linux CNC documentation at a glance was not enough for me to make an informed decision on what hardware to buy.
    That combined with low forum activity has me worried; I dont want to run into trouble and be unable to find information about it.
    All depends on your setup, different boards for different motors and drives etc.. for steppers, the 5i25 and 7i76 plug and go kit ($199) is most popular and most prefer the 5i25 and 7i77 plug and go kit ($299) for servos since it offers encoder feedback provisions.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk