587,642 active members*
3,477 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Desktop or small machine from china worth considering?

Hello All,

I am sure this has been asked many times, but I know quality of machines change as do vendor reliability so figured I'd ask anyhow.

I am looking for a smallish to mid size laser in the 50 to 60 watt range. My main use is to etch a logo in Aluminum parts I make that are quite small; around 1.5" square give or take. However I know I will also use it to raster cut images in leather and wood. Also to cut cork and thin rubber. My wife is a school teacher and I am sure I will have a need to cut paper and posterboard as well. Im looking at either a 3050 or 5070 size in machine travel. I have used a MornTech 960 at a previous job and it worked great and I never had a problem, but its much too large for my needs. My budget is no more than 2K delivered to Los Angeles.

I wont run the laser hard or continuous so I dont need the absolute best but would prefer a design with recirculating profiled linear rails. Motor Z would be nice as well. Probably run it a bit once a week.

Any suggestions of which on Ebay or other approved vendors to consider. Is a thunder laser in my price range?

Best regards,

Marc

Re: Desktop or small machine from china worth considering?

I have one of the 500x300mm 50W (in reality approx. 40W) blue and white Chinese lasers from eBay. It has been fantastic and I use it for a wide range of materials and projects. You won't get any support from the eBay vendors (they are just importers of all kinds of random Chinese products) but there are now a lot of users out there to help answer questions.

The key thing is to make sure you get a Ruida controller (most eBay advertisers call them DSP controllers) as the control software, LaserWorks (also know as RDWorks), is very capable. The Ruida controller typically looks like this:

Attachment 333592

If you check out a user named SarbarMultimedia (his real name is Russ) on Youtube, he has a large number of very helpful, insightful videos about this machine. You can also check out a new website that has been inspirted by his videos at: RDWorks Lab - Forum

Hi Sir

Please search ILaser6S plus on ebay , hope helpful , and of crouse mini type is better , will save lots of shipping cost

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhawk LSA View Post
    Hello All,

I am sure this has been asked many times, but I know quality of machines change as do vendor reliability so figured I'd ask anyhow.

I am looking for a smallish to mid size laser in the 50 to 60 watt range. My main use is to etch a logo in Aluminum parts I make that are quite small; around 1.5" square give or take. However I know I will also use it to raster cut images in leather and wood. Also to cut cork and thin rubber. My wife is a school teacher and I am sure I will have a need to cut paper and posterboard as well. Im looking at either a 3050 or 5070 size in machine travel. I have used a MornTech 960 at a previous job and it worked great and I never had a problem, but its much too large for my needs. My budget is no more than 2K delivered to Los Angeles.

I wont run the laser hard or continuous so I dont need the absolute best but would prefer a design with recirculating profiled linear rails. Motor Z would be nice as well. Probably run it a bit once a week.

Any suggestions of which on Ebay or other approved vendors to consider. Is a thunder laser in my price range?

Best regards,

Marc
    The answer is definitely yes ,the machine is not that much different from different brands ,Do the math ,it wont fail you.

i can help you with the machine you need ,contact me via email: [email protected]

Also welcome to visit my website for more information:

1. Product List : China Dapenglaser Branded Marking and Engraving Machine List - China Fiber Laser Marking Machine, Laser Marking Machine

2.Mini Machine : China Small Portable Laser Marking Machine for Metal - China Marking Machine, Fiber Laser Engraving Machine
    Damon Qiue from DAPENGLaser
    +86-137-903-422-59 [email protected] Skype: Damon Qiue www.dapenglaser.com