587,920 active members*
3,568 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: UCcnc and Modbus (;-)

HIYA KEITH , I am HAPPY(;-) to say you can NOW get back to work with MODBUS and UCcnc. They have added a couple of more functions for modbus. 1 is a function to be able to write a string to an LCD display . That process takes speciall formating of the string to do easy. UCcnc created a function that can convert a string "X: 12.3456 " x 20 charectors into teh format needed to send to a modbus LCD display 1,2,3,4 lines or multiple units such as 2 20x4 displays or more.

A new Hand pendant is already in planing MY WAY (;-) Currently I have a couple of MODIOs left over from teh Mach3 days (;-) 1 has the 20x4 display on it. I have been sending messages to it in testing over that last couple of days. AND have pushbuttons turning on UCcnc functions and turning ON relays from teh ModIO outputs.

Teh next thing is to tackle ASCII in modbus and talk to a Hypertherm PM plasma unit. ASCII modbus is a whole different critter from RTU. It talks with a strange accent (;-).

(;-) TP

(;-) TP

New modbus user question... can you run multiple modbus message formats at the same time? Rtu and ASCII?... on the same modbus io device...

What does the network topography look like with uccnc at the centre as modbus master?

Keith, the mach3 modbus example was more for the arduino slave setup info as that will be the same as a coil is a coil etc...

Rob