587,419 active members*
3,311 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 35 of 40 253334353637

Re: Any experiences with CNC 6040 ROUTER?

Hello everyone. I am building 6040. I am glad to be part of the community. What I want to ask is where do you guys put your drivers? up to the machine or you make a box? vibrations affect the driver's output? I suppose most of you have the chinese control box. mine is with an offline PLC 500khz. you will find it at aliexpress. I am looking for some live youtube tutorial for it as well if you have something in mind it should really help. I am running cw5045 x3 nema23 425 48v 12.5

Hello everyone. I am building 6040. I am glad to be part of the community. What I want to ask is where do you guys put your drivers? up to the machine or you make a box? vibrations affect the driver's output? I suppose most of you have the chinese control box. mine is with an offline PLC 500khz. you will find it at aliexpress. I am looking for some live youtube tutorial for it as well if you have something in mind it should really help. I am running cw5045 x3 nema23 425 48v 12.5

Regards,
    Lampros

i have put them in the computer case. so cables are going directly to the cnc.
    less boces and more space.

Hey, just looking for a reputable vendor for the Chinese 6040 CNC, 2.2 KW Spindle? I live in Canada, not sure that will matter any... LOL

Thanks a bunch!

Thank you sir for you reply, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by EZZ70 View Post
    Hey, just looking for a reputable vendor for the Chinese 6040 CNC, 2.2 KW Spindle? I live in Canada, not sure that will matter any... LOL

Thanks a bunch!
    Hi Sir, you may check CNC router review firstly, then make decision of purchasing cnc router. Here is the review about OMNI cnc router: Testimonials - Review - CNC Wood Router Feedback | OMNICNC
    Amanda Cheung from OMNI, www.omni-cnc.com,
    [email protected], Skype: omni-cnc

and another thing you have to remember is
    "never believe a testimonial for a company that is on there own website"\

do some searching for your self

I think I may try this one (X6-2200L-USB - CNC Desktop Engraver -omiocnc.com), has anyone had any luck with it or experiences they wish to share...?

Thank you

That looks like a winner. I especially like the linear guide rails they used. It seems to have all the features I would want. Are there any reviews?

Check the topic just under this, called OmioCNC report...

I think I may try this one (X6-2200L-USB - CNC Desktop Engraver -omiocnc.com), has anyone had any luck with it or experiences they wish to share...?

Thank you

hmm looks ok but a few small things
    $2,199.00USD??
    my YOOCNC 6040 has the same working area and was $700AUD ($980AUD to my doorstep)
    granted i have replaced the controller and the cabling and that cost me about $300AUD (1AUD = 68cUS at the time 2013)
    how ever it now runs at 2 times the speed and is much quieter (steppers dont make that horrid grinding type of noise)

. . . Max. working stroke (X)355×(Y)510×(Z)85mm (Tips: if remove the Z-axis dust cover, Z-axis travel will be 140mm.)
    so you have to remove some of the hardware protection to get the full use of it??
    . . . Mechanical Resolution XYZ-axis : 0.0025 mm/step
    . . . Positioning accuracy 0.05mm
    so if the hardware can be accurate to 0.0025 of a mm then why is the positioning 20 times less accurate then the hardware is able to do??

. . . Operation System Win2000/XP, Win7(32/64bit) (Prohibit the installation of any other software except Mach3.)
    its almost impossible to get motherboards that run 2K or XP anymore and even then you carnt install any other software??

. . . Control Software MACH3 (recommend use the version which we send to .)
    2 things
    Mach3 is out dated Mach4 is now out and i bet the hardware (controller) wont run talk to it
    the "version which we send" most likely will be the hacked version from about 6 years ago that is known to have A LOT of bugs and is missing a lot of add-on's that help a lot and is a pain in the ass to get it to accept the hacked software reg key

Quote Originally Posted by Adverse Effects View Post
    hmm looks ok but a few small things
    $2,199.00USD??
    my YOOCNC 6040 has the same working area and was $700AUD ($980AUD to my doorstep)
    granted i have replaced the controller and the cabling and that cost me about $300AUD (1AUD = 68cUS at the time 2013)
    how ever it now runs at 2 times the speed and is much quieter (steppers dont make that horrid grinding type of noise)
    Did your YooCNC come with linear rails or round rails? Slight difference in price there...

. . . Max. working stroke (X)355×(Y)510×(Z)85mm (Tips: if remove the Z-axis dust cover, Z-axis travel will be 140mm.)
    so you have to remove some of the hardware protection to get the full use of it??
    Did your YooCNC even come with protection for the ballscrew. If it had had protection, the working range would also be shorter.

. . . Mechanical Resolution XYZ-axis : 0.0025 mm/step
    . . . Positioning accuracy 0.05mm
    so if the hardware can be accurate to 0.0025 of a mm then why is the positioning 20 times less accurate then the hardware is able to do??
    Because the resolution is depending on microstep, while the accuracy is depending on resolution, backlash, stiction, etc.

. . . Operation System Win2000/XP, Win7(32/64bit) (Prohibit the installation of any other software except Mach3.)
    its almost impossible to get motherboards that run 2K or XP anymore and even then you carnt install any other software??
    Shouldn't be any problems finding a machine able to run Win7. I haven't tried Win10 so I can't say if it works or not. Are you using USB or parallel port? Have you ever seen any similar controllers being able to use anything other than Mach3?

. . . Control Software MACH3 (recommend use the version which we send to .)
    2 things
    Mach3 is out dated Mach4 is now out and i bet the hardware (controller) wont run talk to it
    How many controllers are actually Mach4 capable? CS-MIO (sp?) and ESS. Any other (PP doesn't count)?

the "version which we send" most likely will be the hacked version from about 6 years ago that is known to have A LOT of bugs and is missing a lot of add-on's that help a lot and is a pain in the ass to get it to accept the hacked software reg key
    I'm not sure if it actually came with a CD, but they didn't send any version of Mach3 at all, so probably no hacked version was provided by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
    Did your YooCNC come with linear rails or round rails? Slight difference in price there...
    rods not rail's but the difference in price isnt that much 10% at most (in the suppliers around here anyway)
    Did your YooCNC even come with protection for the ballscrew. If it had had protection, the working range would also be shorter.
    yes
    Because the resolution is depending on microstep, while the accuracy is depending on resolution, backlash, stiction, etc.
    on a new unit there should be no backlash
    the unit i have is 200 steps per revolution and 5mm pitch and 1 micor step is 1/4 a step??
    so

5mm / 800 = 0.00625mm

is my math wrong?

i could be wrong about the steps i carnt get to my CNC at the moment

Shouldn't be any problems finding a machine able to run Win7. I haven't tried Win10 so I can't say if it works or not. Are you using USB or parallel port? Have you ever seen any similar controllers being able to use anything other than Mach3?
    parallel port on a gecko g540

How many controllers are actually Mach4 capable? CS-MIO (sp?) and ESS. Any other (PP doesn't count)?
    gecko g540 is because i tried a mates computer/controler to test it on my CNC before i think about upgrading

rods not rail's but the difference in price isnt that much 10% at most (in the suppliers around here anyway)
    If the price difference had been only 10%, nobody would have been using round rods instead of linear rails.

on a new unit there should be no backlash
    Unless it's a high quality ballscrew, most likely with double ballnut, you will have some backlash. Besides, these are C7 ballscrews, which aren't guaranteed to be more precise than this anyway. You should be able to fairly easily find the specs for the various grades of ballscrews. I can't be arsed to find the exact spec for C7... :-)

the unit i have is 200 steps per revolution and 5mm pitch and 1 micor step is 1/4 a step??
    so

5mm / 800 = 0.00625mm

is my math wrong?
    I have 320 steps per mm on my machine, so it's set to 1/8 step per step and 0.003125mm per step

parallel port on a gecko g540
    And you're complaining that it would be difficult to find a machine able to run Mach3? I'd say you would be more hard pressed to find a new computer with a parallel port to be able to use the Gecko g540.

Anyway, I have a X6-2200L (with the black box) and I'm happy with it. I have not used it too much yet, but I have no regrets buying it. I did have some problems when I received it, but Omio sorted me out very quickly, but this was before their customer support took a nose dive.

Thanks a bunch!

Sorry for late reply. I am running the 2.2kw watercooled with a 5000L/h waterpump from bang good. Greek based in London.

I build a 6040 from kit. I ve got the power supply 48v 12.5A, three nema23 425oz dual shaft, the 2.2 spindle with 4 bearings inside, the inverter.., three cw5045 50v ,a lot of shielded cable 4 core x 1.5. The controller is a plc offline unit 500khz. Looks cool. I dont need a computer at all with that , motor mounts end stops emergency stop. My first project will be a control box using plexiglass. I will have the voltage and the current on screen the plc mounted as well as some air 12v air blowers. The box will contain 2 power supplies. 48v & 24v (for the plc)

Quote Originally Posted by LamprosPat View Post
    I build a 6040 from kit.
    cool where did you find it in kit form?

cool where did you find it in kit form?
    Hey. The frame is from a seller called rattmotor at the ebay. Type a t the ebay 6040 cnc and sort by the low price. Its at the very first page. The electronics are some from here some from there.. If you need more details send me message at [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by LamprosPat View Post
    Hey. The frame is from a seller called rattmotor at the ebay. Type a t the ebay 6040 cnc and sort by the low price. Its at the very first page. The electronics are some from here some from there.. If you need more details send me message at [email protected]
    Seller is actually called infoshine15. The store name is Ratt motor.
    Pretty cheap price, even with shipping to Oz. If I didn't already have one ...

Page 35 of 40 253334353637