587,415 active members*
3,493 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Warthog 2003 4x8

Hey all,
    I have an old Warthog 2003 4x8 that I bought a while ago as a side work machine that I work on occasionally, but am having a hard time getting it to cut square parts. I can cut two lines in the x-direction, 30" or 60" apart and the distance between them at the back of the machine will be consistently 1/16" further apart, while the front will be consistently accurate. This is driving me crazy! I believe it to have something to do with the y-axis movement. The y-axis motor is a gear and rack system in the center underneath the table on a stepper motor, with the gantry going to the back and the front of the machine on rails with bearings. I have tightened the bearings so that when the motor has power to it neither side has any "slop" on the rails. I have confirmed the distance to the gantry to the ends of the table is accurate on both the front and the back. Any additional ideas or solutions? Thanks,
    Scott

Re: Warthog 2003 4x8

These machines were great for what they are,, that said you may want to learn to adjust the resolution in your ini file, ask around on how to do this. a simple test is to make a box say 12 x 12 and command machine to cut an outside profile with a .25 bit. then measure it is it 12 y 12 x ??
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl