587,513 active members*
3,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spectralight turning center

Does anyone know anything about the spectralight interface cards? I would like to know who made them for Light Machines if they did not do it themselves. I would like to know as much about them as I can. I would like to know the pinout of the interface card. Anyone here work with one of these machines, interface cards, or the black control box? I have purchased one of these without the interface card and I would still like to use the black control box. I would also like to be able to use the threading opition on this lathe if I hook it up to a pc. Anyone with any ideas or thoughts would be great. Thank you you all for your help.

I had my controller box rebuilt by intellitek

Fixing Spectralight electronics

Roni,
    We have a Spectralight lathe in current use here. We have rebuilt the black box driver sections, in-house. Not easy, because the currently available driver ICs do not have the same current capacity as the original ones! We found a source of old components that seem to work great.
    As for the interface cards, They were mostly for ISA-bus PCs but we have a collection that includes one for the old IBM PS/2 bus. We manage to keep the lathe going.
    Threading? Our lathe has no spindle encoder, so threading is not an option, unless you do a very brave, very deep, single pass and don;t care too much about thread pitch accuracy!
    The alternative is to use your CNC mill for thread milling.
    Good luck!
    Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by roni21702
    Does anyone know anything about the spectralight interface cards? I would like to know who made them for Light Machines if they did not do it themselves. I would like to know as much about them as I can. I would like to know the pinout of the interface card. Anyone here work with one of these machines, interface cards, or the black control box? I have purchased one of these without the interface card and I would still like to use the black control box. I would also like to be able to use the threading opition on this lathe if I hook it up to a pc. Anyone with any ideas or thoughts would be great. Thank you you all for your help.

isa card

I have a isa card for my spectralight mill i may be willing to part with.
    F.Y.I. the isa cards for the mill and lathe are identical, the difference is in the controller box.
    p.m. me or post and let me know if your interested.

i have two specralight cards if anyone is interested along with the control box