First of all..before I go into the charges and fees I have incurred, I want to make sure everyone knows these are things out of Thunder Laser's control.
The charges do impact the overall total cost of the laser, so you must take that in to account.

All in all I will have $1,688.06 in getting the laser to me. That includes the gas for my truck and the fee to rent a trailer to pick it up. (Another forum suggested it cost them $1,671.20 to get the desktop version of the laser to their door via DHL) So the grand total cost for the laser was: $7,658.06

Time was not of the essence with mine...although now I want it yesterday because of the excitement. So opted for ocean container and got a larger laser.

When you put that in perspective.....On paper... There is a fairly respected dealer in the US that imports at least parts if not whole units that would have charged me $11,589.00 for a 60 watt machine (I ordered an 80 watt) that uses steppers instead of servos, missing a few of the nicer features, and only a 7" z axis. (It uses the same software..and perhaps the same controller as it looks identical) I will certainly review my laser with photos/videos..etc so everyone can be a judge of my purchasing decision....but on paper the value his hard to deny and the sales support I have received from Thunder Laser has been spectacular.

I did get a broker to handle my importing.

I shopped around and there were a lot of differences in pricing. Having never imported anything like this I didn't want to mess anything up. I had quotes that ranged from 300-800 for the broker only fees. (Not including government fees and shipper fees.) I went with a local outfit that charged about $433.67 in their fees. I had a sticker shock moment when the shipping company.... an addtional charged $346.65 to get it from NY to NC via truck..and I didn't even know it was coming by truck. I actually thought it was coming directly to the port in NC. I feel that fee should have been made known upfront from the shipping company. But...I find this whole international import thing crazy. I could track the container..but once it got to NY I had no way to check on it myself. It took 8 days to make it from NY to NC

I am posting a snippet from the invoice I received from the broker so others can anticipate the fees.

Please keep in mind, I may have had a misstep on my choices with brokers etc. But..from the other quotes that I received I think the broker did all right by me.

Attachment 323474