587,409 active members*
3,047 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hurco BMC20 LinuxCNC Pico Systems PPMC retro

I am starting my retrofit!!!

Hurco BMC20 with tool changer

I am going LinuxCNC and Pico Systems PPMC hardware, I have a Dell desktop that I am going to use for it. I just need to get a SSHD for it

The machine has Yasakawa CACR servo amps in it, and a Yasakawa spindle drive.

I am glad this is a pocket tool changer so getting the changer to run correctly will be much simpler than a random. I will be looking for a fourth after I get the machine all up and running.

Re: Hurco BMC20 LinuxCNC Pico Systems PPMC retro

Actually my machine is a BMC30....

I have made some significant headway on the machine.

I am now to the point where I am trying to get the servos going and have hit a roadblock. On the 8 segment display I have the center mark lit up indicating a baseblocked condition, turning the servos off. I have 24vdc in on 7, 8 is grounded through the SSR's on the PPMC. The alarm circuit has 24vdc going to it and the other side of the alarm circuit grounded. The relay that is in the alarm circuit is picking up indicating that it is not in an alarm condition. The limit switches that block a direction are both closed which should allow the servo to run in either direction. But the servopack is still mad as it is in a baseblocked condition.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have an old MHP-30, which is a Hurco BMC-30 before Hurco was around. Same machine. How has your conversion to LinuxCNC gone? My machine has a Delta20 controller. It's currently functioning ok, but I'm looking for options if that situation changes.

I am having servo pack challenges right now. But other than that it has gone well. I'm working 80 hours a week right now so I have not really had time. I'll be back on it in a couple weeks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk