587,852 active members*
3,797 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BOBCAD & Nesting for a waterjet.
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: BOBCAD & Nesting for a waterjet.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDa View Post
    Nick,

What I recommend to people is if they close it, to just enable it from time to time to see if something was released. Even when you close the toolbar, it still updates each time you open the software. So you can just open it, take a look to see if anything came out, and then close it until the next time you want take a look.
    Sean

In theory it is fine to have update information in BobCAD Live, however in practice the majority of people I know do not have their Cad-CAM computers connected to the Internet, couple of reasons for this, one is to keep any "nasties" away and two very importantly is the fact that many programs on a PC in particular things like the OS are constantly accessing the Net for various reasons and this does drag down a PC that is running a high resource requirement software such as BobCAD !
    Even having PCs on an internal server can affect performance of BobCAD at busy times so very often the BobCAD Live doesn`t do anything at all.

We all get plenty of regular emails from general sales and support sales teams so addng the update info to these would IMHO probably be a better way forward

Just my $0.02 worth

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Rob,

I forwarded the request to have update notifications sent via email to our web team. Thanks for making the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDa View Post
    Rob,

I forwarded the request to have update notifications sent via email to our web team. Thanks for making the suggestion.
    Hi Sean

Thanks for that, it will help to ensure that everyone gets the good news about updates

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

I had to call BoB and they had to enable updates on my account

BoBCAD Live,,,never,no thank you

$300 ransom,,,think an E-Mail should not be that much to ask,,especially since I never use support,,,only want updates

Thanks to the Forum I found out about it

But still had to call because something wrong on my account on the BoB site

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I had to call BoB and they had to enable updates on my account

BoBCAD Live,,,never,no thank you

$300 ransom,,,think an E-Mail should not be that much to ask,,especially since I never use support,,,only want updates

Thanks to the Forum I found out about it

But still had to call because something wrong on my account on the BoB site

They still don't offer a way to add bridging that fastnest has offered for over 5 years. Still not a great piece of software. They will of course overpromise. Stay away . Still trying to get my $ back . They told me weeks ago they are going through my phone and demo phone calls and listening to the transcripts. The most dishonest company I ever dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    If anyone is interested BobCAD released last week V28 SP3 Build 2067 which has major enhancements speciifically for the Nesting add on, see the attached Release Notes
    Thanks for the heads up on this Rob, I downloaded it today and hope to try the demo in the next few weeks,

- Nick

Page 2 of 2 12