Hi again Charlie. I've been busy the last couple of days cleaning out my hanger since I sold my airplane and I found a renter right away so had to clean out all my hording! When I finish the cub and reclaim my hanger I will not use the hanger as a storage unit ever again. What a mess. Anyway I was not checking my email for a couple of days but I'm back.

Yes I was pretty sure you would have to buy a new supply. I think they are about 125-150 on ebay. BUT first does your machine have that big green resistor in the ground lead? Also you never said if your machine has any interlocks? Might as well figure out for sure before you spend more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Holychachi View Post
That all makes perfect sense. We used to have a handful of repair shops around here, but the last one went out of business a few years back. If I order a new flyback transformer it will take about two to three weeks to get here. ..from China, of course. The new flyback would be about $60 after you add in shipping. think I may be better off just ordering a new 50w power supply to go with the new 50w tube I just got. I just want to make sure I find one that has similar, if not the same, connections that my current psu. Thoughts?

Charlie