587,415 active members*
3,629 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123

Re: FED UP with UCCNC

If you working with inches then you might want to adjust it, except if max. 0.03 inches error is acceptable for you which is about 0.762mm.
    This explains the jagged lines IMO.

SO what would you suggest? Reducing the Linear error max to .01 ? Is that the only variable that you would suggest i change?
    Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    If you working with inches then you might want to adjust it, except if max. 0.03 inches error is acceptable for you which is about 0.762mm.
    This explains the jagged lines IMO.

I would change linear error and corner error to about 25.4 times lower which is about 0.0012.

Well i have currently set up a new run to see what happens. I have changed the pp provided by The Engine Guy, and i also changed the linear and corner errors to .005 (little higher than suggested by OlfCNC, but still much lower than it was). After I loaded the .nc file i noticed no errors, and then when i started the v-carve portion of the cut, the curves were visibly noticeable. So far the changes are a vast improvement, should be about four hours and i'll be able to post a pic to see, which at this point i believe the project will be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarpenter2 View Post
    @The Engine Guy
    Loaded the gcode below and it looked good in my uccnc controller. I did not run it at it was outside of my envelope. I set my to run only in the y- and the x+, just a preference thing because of where my machine is.
    I also loaded the pp into bobcad and recreated my toolpath then loaded it into uccnc. The issues from earlier are gone. UCCNC still does not read the G17 (turns red) but everything else looked good, even the toolpaths all looked good. I have not ran that gcode either but that is because i am still trying to figure out why i am not getting arcs as you can see in the photos i posted. They are arcs in bobcad, but they are not being translated as arcs in the post and uccnc is then vcarving them as line segments. I know uccnc can not do KZ arcs, but it does do IY, JX arcs so im not sure what the issue is but am trying to figure it out.
    Anyway, once i figure that out i will try the updates pp. You mentioned adding in reminders of what tool is supposed to be changed in the pp, where is that done? Didnt realize that would be important until i ran the project below and then it had me scratching my head trying to remember what tool i needed to change to.
    That is normal for this control it does not have a full deck of useable G-Codes, here is a screenshot, of it this does not stop it from running,with these codes in red, and you should only have the G17 in the safety line at the start, so it won't bother how it runs, if you want to see what G code is supported then hit the help button up in the to right, and you can see what will work and what won't, but some times some of the codes you use are not listed, I's & J's don't work for Helical milling of a hole,so this is not much good if you programs use them, or you to use them
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Try the attached PP, I have modified it to output the tool information you asked for and also removed the G17 from the "Safety Line" so you shouldn`t get any error for that anymore.

Attachment 311352

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:
    The G17 does not cause an error, just because those lines are Red that does not represent an Error, The control runs just fine with those codes in place as per my screenshot, as long as everything is formated correct UCCNC runs the Basic Codes
    Mactec54

The latest UCCNC version supports G17 G18 G19, arcs and helix work on all planes.

The latest UCCNC version supports G17 G18 G19, arcs and helix work on all planes.
    I have the latest and its still not working as you have described, if there is something new that I have not got yet I want to try it, I will check, as I just updated it
    Mactec54

It is working, I was testing it for a few days now, it runs any plane arcs and helix just fine.
    So you might not have the latest version installed then.

It is working, I was testing it for a few days now, it runs any plane arcs and helix just fine.
    So you might not have the latest version installed then.
    I just made sure by downloading the latest, as you were writing this post, and it is working,for Helical bore Etc, it look like they have done a lot of changes, now it's time to play with it again Thanks for reinforcing that those things were working, as I may not have know these changes had been made,Why have they not made any announcements of this big update
    Mactec54

A whole lot of improvement. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1329.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	311552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1330.JPG 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	311554

Quote Originally Posted by jcarpenter2 View Post
    A whole lot of improvement. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1329.JPG 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	311552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1330.JPG 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	311554
    That looks a whole lot better, what is the UCCNC software version you have, as I just upgraded to there latest which has many changes, but were you just made your changes the software I have will let me enter the change but won't save it
    Mactec54

Maybe your folder or config file is write protected? I had this issue once when accidentally installed to the Program Files folder.

Maybe your folder or config file is write protected? I had this issue once when accidentally installed to the Program Files folder.
    This could be, it did not happen in the previous version, I'm able to change other pages just the General settings page is not working, it just returns to the default as soon as you hit apply

I may uninstall and try again
    Mactec54

Check the profile file properties and make sure the read-only property is not set and also check the file permissions to get write access to the file.

Just got home and checked my version. It is 1.1027

I think you have to hit 'enter' to make any changes stick with the latest version..
    Mark

Good point and really, one change in the new version is you have to press Enter to input new values into DROs.
    I have to say this is a nice new feature because I often forgot that I started typing into a DRO and then got interrupted by somebody got back to machine, pressed Cycle start and you can guess about the rest.:nono:

Quote Originally Posted by mphel View Post
    I think you have to hit 'enter' to make any changes stick with the latest version..
    That was it, was just strange for that part not to work like other versions, I don't believe this was intentional,they have made a lot of changes, there could be other things that work a little different as well, I found G0 is not Modal and should be,I have not had time to check the other G-codes that should be Modal, maybe none of them are yet, so may be that will come with time
    Mactec54

I asked the guys about the ENTER thing and they said this change was made on purpose for the exact reason I described above.
    G0 seems modal to me, so are G1, G2, G73, G83 and the others, I see no problem with them.

Page 2 of 3 123