587,409 active members*
3,299 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Can not get Yasakawa CACR out of baseblocked

Can not get Yasakawa CACR out of baseblocked

I tried to start up my Hurco BMC30 after the Linux CNC retrofit and my servopacks are in a baseblocked condition.

I am now to the point where I am trying to get the servos going and have hit a roadblock. On the 8 segment display I have the center mark lit up indicating a baseblocked condition, turning the servos off. I have 24vdc in on 7, 8 is grounded through the SSR's on the PPMC. The alarm circuit has 24vdc going to it and the other side of the alarm circuit grounded. The relay that is in the alarm circuit is picking up indicating that it is not in an alarm condition. The limit switches that block a direction are both closed which should allow the servo to run in either direction. But the servopack is still mad as it is in a baseblocked condition.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Can not get Yasakawa CACR out of baseblocked

Not sure what model of servo's you have, but there is also an option for e-stop input in the parameters.

They are CACR-SRCA I have not seen any e stop on the schematics that I have. I have 12 wires connected to the #1 connector and there all accounted for. I'm stumped. Moving the servo alarm over to the 24 volt circuitry did not gain me anything. I can see additional LED light up when it has a motion signal. But just won't come out of base block. I think all my parameters get changed via dip switches and jumpers on these drives. I had not changed any of that from the original Hurco control.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well I'm a retard. Helps when you get the servo power 3 phase contactor closed.

Now I have the x and z in overload alarm #1 so I'll troubleshoot that tomorrow. It's nice that the manual basically says if you have #1 alarm come in replace them. Hopefully rolling the motors or UN coupling them will make them happy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I pulled all three drives out of the machine today. I have one with a shorted output transistor on one phase. The other two pass the output transistor test.

The drive that is not going into alarm is doing something I have not seen before. With your multimeter leads on the output (fluke 189) and you send a movement signal to the drive the output voltage is crazy all over the place but would settle in at 50 volts, and the meter display will flop back and forth from a reading to change leads. I have never seen a servopack or VFD do that before. So something is screwed up with it also.

I have not gotten to megger my motors and cables yet. I need to run to town for batteries for the megger. There is no dead short to ground as I checked them with my multimeter.

I keep thinking more and more about upgrading to a newer drive. The servos are 0.8kW servos with encoders. The Yaskawa $3300 for each drive is not going to happend. I am just worried that I might spend a bunch on getting these drives fixed just to encounter another problem with them.

Any brand or model reccomendations? These are basic drives that are in there now. Analog voltage for direction and speed. Even though they are obsolete now also the Allen Bradley Ultra 3000 has crossed my mind. Parts are still available for them.