587,141 active members*
4,044 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 130 of 184 3080120128129130131132140180
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Sounds as though Skyfire has it right. You probably don't have the driver for the graphics card, so it is defaulting to 800x600, which is the base condition. Get the driver.

Cheers
    Roger
    I'm not sure if Ian's computer doesn't have graphic driver.. because if so, the resolution will be fixed to 800*600 by XP and not adjustable at all( if I remember right). I'm more worry about it's monitor refreshing frequency now..Maybe it's 75HZ or higher now.. or the driver is not installed correctly.
    www.skyfirecnc.com
    Email: [email protected]; Skype: skyfirecnc

Hi Defeng

Oh yeah, you have some problems there, and they are worse than you know.
    Some areas in Australia run at 240 VAC, going up to 245 VAC! My place was up there at one stage.

The supply authorities are trying to bring everyone down to 230 V, by changing taps on the substation transformers, but it not always possible or easy to do this.

So - be prepared for 245 VAC in Australia: it can happen.

Will the ACMC40-4 work in Australia? I do not know. How does it work? Forgive me, but I have some reservations.

Cheers

Defeng,

Is this a 1000 watt SCR?

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails slicon regulator1.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Hi Defeng

Oh yeah, you have some problems there, and they are worse than you know.
    Some areas in Australia run at 240 VAC, going up to 245 VAC! My place was up there at one stage.

The supply authorities are trying to bring everyone down to 230 V, by changing taps on the substation transformers, but it not always possible or easy to do this.

So - be prepared for 245 VAC in Australia: it can happen.

Will the ACMC40-4 work in Australia? I do not know. How does it work? Forgive me, but I have some reservations.

Cheers
    Hi RCaffin,

Yes. that's what I had not expected before.. So we had to take the voltage issue in consideration now. Should be no problem to upgrade.

I'm sure the ACMC40-4 can work in Australia. It's SCR type is BTA41-600B--means it has 40A capacity and can endure 600V voltage top. so should be ok under 300V. I will get a transformer type power regulator to improve my testing power supply to 250VAC next. Then I can make sure all SVM machines can work well anywhere..LOL
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Defeng,

Is the a 1000 watt SCR?

Jeff...
    No Jeff, it's a 4000W SCR. because transformer is a inductive load, it should have 3x-4x design margin. the transformers I use are 400-800w, so this SCR should work well for SVM machines. And the key is heatsink must big enough to make sure it work stable. This one I found looks pretty good and they promise the SCR is not a fake one. so I decided to use it if tested no problem. 2 samples has been ordered now.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    Hi Ian after you check the stuff defang has said to do check. your General config it`s under config, the screen control bit, does it have all 4 tick boxes ticked like the image.

Attachment 297638
    Hi, thank you very much Dan........when you know what you're doing you're good.....that fix with ticking the boxes worked to get the screen to size for Mach 3 on my Win XP computer.........on the big box for screen control the only box unticked was the top one that said "high res screens".......when I ticked it the screen dropped to a normal size......10 browning points to you.

I don't think the graphics card is at fault as all the photos I used to have on there displayed OK.

That's one problem solved.....there still remains the problem of getting the driver to a run mode.

I have the driver unzipped and renamed to the EXE extension and resident on my desktop in My documents......the problem is, I'm told to double click on the driver and run it........when you double click on the driver a box opens and asks which program you want to open it...........with the reduced program content......(I deleted a lot of those not needed for the mill).........I only have Note Book to open it........that gives me a screen with lots of program symbols, but it doesn't have a run function.

At the moment, Jan on the Skyfire sales support team, is giving me lots of advice and virtually hands on help, so I'm waiting for him to get back to me as he has a Win XP computer at hand to walk the talk etc.

It is possible, if all else fails, to get the Win 7 64 bit computer I bought exchanged for a Win 7 32 bit one........I don't know if that is a better idea than working to get the XP one working.........but the 32bit one is an Acer Veriton L670g model, about as big as an A4 sheet of paper which is quite compact and it stands upright like a tower....., same price $120.....just thinking out aloud....LOL.
    Ian.

Ian, Jan is working hard on making a guide PPT to show every step you need to do for you now. I'm sure he will help you out soon.

Just read your latest progress and you said the even after rename the extension name to .exe, it's still not executed. I'm afraid you didn't make it right because once you rename it. it's ico will turn like this:
    Attachment 297694

If not, the rename work must be not correct. If so, I will let Jan know this and help you to do that correctly.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Hi Defeng........the name of the file I changed is....... jnc driver for mach3.exe......it has an icon of a square with 6 symbols in it, not like the icon you showed.

Jan emailed me two files, one the driver with the CNC extension and the other the XML file.

I changed the end of the driver file to EXE and with the XML file burnt them both to a CD.

I copied the XML file to the Mach3 folder on my Win XP C drive and the driver to my desktop.

Jan told me to double click on the driver and run it..........but as you say it is not correct so can not be run.

The title of the driver file says it is an RAR file.......is that significant?
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Hi Defeng........the name of the file I changed is....... jnc driver for mach3.exe......it has an icon of a square with 6 symbols in it, not like the icon you showed.

Jan emailed me two files, one the driver with the CNC extension and the other the XML file.

I changed the end of the driver file to EXE and with the XML file burnt them both to a CD.

I copied the XML file to the Mach3 folder on my Win XP C drive and the driver to my desktop.

Jan told me to double click on the driver and run it..........but as you say it is not correct so can not be run.

The title of the driver file says it is an RAR file.......is that significant?
    Ian.
    Hi Ian,

It's pretty clear now that something must be wrong when you changed the original file "jnc driver for mach3.cnc" to "jnc driver for mach3.exe". If you did this correctly, the icon will surely turn to a computer image but not a square with 6 symbols----it means the file type computer can not recognize...LOL

I'm sure there must be some characters in".exe" maybe just a blank that you can't see. like this:
    Attachment 297714

See, they are different just because of a blank before "exe" So, check on this. And remember copy the files firstly to your hard drive before changing the extension name, you can't change the file name on CD... just in case you forget this.

btw. . You need to download a software "WINRAR" to unzip compressed files *.rar or *.zip
    www.skyfirecnc.com

aaah, we now begin the second stage of the skyfire journey... setup!

Hi.......We have some good news and bad news........the good news (I think) is, the computer (Win XP) is now functional and displays theMach3 program as decreed......until I take the computer out to the garage and plug into the mill I won't know if it's actually working according to plan.

Jan of Skyfire sales literally bent over backwards to help me get the computer loaded with the driver and XML file........a very detailed PDF document smoothed the way.

Oh.....the bad news.....well unless I take a crash course in Mandarin Chinese I won't be able to read the display as it's all in Chinese characters............woe is me, it must be Friday the 13th.........IT BLOODY WELL IS TOO.......LOL
    Ian.

How do I get the Mach3 screen to display English characters?
    Ian.

i suspect you may have downloaded or were supplied with the wrong version of mach. assuming you have a regular license, you should just be able to just download and reinstal the english one.

Hi.......We have some good news and bad news........the good news (I think) is, the computer (Win XP) is now functional and displays theMach3 program as decreed......until I take the computer out to the garage and plug into the mill I won't know if it's actually working according to plan.

Jan of Skyfire sales literally bent over backwards to help me get the computer loaded with the driver and XML file........a very detailed PDF document smoothed the way.

Oh.....the bad news.....well unless I take a crash course in Mandarin Chinese I won't be able to read the display as it's all in Chinese characters............woe is me, it must be Friday the 13th.........IT BLOODY WELL IS TOO.......LOL
    Ian.

Ian.
    You really have got yourself in a pickle, Delete what you have and down load Mach3 from Here, Downloads & Updates - Newfangled Solutions

Then add the plug in and XML file
    Mactec54

the language setting in the .XML will be chines Mach3.

it`s a simple fix for defangs support people also defang what version of Mach3 do you use 62 is a better version, less bugs than 66.

Ian with Mach3 it always is a simple problem and simple fix Mach3 is dum system as in it does what you tell it to do most of the time, and good on you for saying you know F all about computer stuff it makes it easier to give you help. holding hand help.

yes Ian get a 32 bit win 7 computer get a spear if you can, you can upgrade win 7 64 bit or 32 bit to the same in win 10 but you only have 7 weeks to do it.

now if defang can't get the drives for the bob you have upgraded to be 32 or 64 bit it won't matter a bit for you now or in the future. 32 bit is all M3 and M4 need but M4 needs a AMD graphics card to work well, nvidia graphics cards run like a bag of poo at this time it may change.
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ian.

Ian.
    Ian, It's very good news to know you have much progress now. Actually it's very easy to load the English screen since you now can see the full MACH3 screen. click the menu "VIEW"----->"LOAD SCREENS"----->select "1024.set" ---done.

Jan last night have talked to me on this too. We made a new English version XML file and send you now.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    the language setting in the .XML will be chines Mach3.

it`s a simple fix for defangs support people also defang what version of Mach3 do you use 62 is a better version, less bugs than 66.

Ian with Mach3 it always is a simple problem and simple fix Mach3 is dum system as in it does what you tell it to do most of the time, and good on you for saying you know F all about computer stuff it makes it easier to give you help. holding hand help.

yes Ian get a 32 bit win 7 computer get a spear if you can, you can upgrade win 7 64 bit or 32 bit to the same in win 10 but you only have 7 weeks to do it.

now if defang can't get the drives for the bob you have upgraded to be 32 or 64 bit it won't matter a bit for you now or in the future. 32 bit is all M3 and M4 need but M4 needs a AMD graphics card to work well, nvidia graphics cards run like a bag of poo at this time it may change.
    I use the version of 3.043.022. It seems ok for now. will try 062 as you suggested. thanks!

I can do some hardware developments by myself but I'm not a software expert...The driver is made by the third party. I'm trying to ask them make 64bit driver for this earlier controller. Actually, 32bit is enough for it.

The latest progress on this subject is: the newer version controller can support both 32bit and 64 bit now. And the newest driver supporting MACH4 is now developed and under tests.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    i suspect you may have downloaded or were supplied with the wrong version of mach. assuming you have a regular license, you should just be able to just download and reinstal the english one.
    Nice to see you ihavenofish,

yes it's the new stage of "setup" and "build up service" for us now!

I think anyway copying XML file directly to MACH3 is the best for Ian now. Many configuration items like pins/ motor settings/... will bring more possible problems to him..

seriously, I would like to suggest Ian start from reading MACH3 manual and learn every setting items one by one, and aware of possible problems before running his machine up. It's very easy to crash a machine for a beginner unless you know how to avoid such problems. That's what we guys can't help by side..

At least,

remember to use the ESTOP button.
    set soft limits for your machine.
    learn how to adjust feed speed/spindle speed&pulley set.

will be most important for Ian next.

I'm trying to set up everything including quality, reliability and service now and the SVM-X value is not just the machine body itself. So,, It's a new stage for myself and SKYFIRECNC brand too.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

sounds good defeng 64 bit would make it easier any computer would work but that's way down the road for Ian
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'OO bleeding Ray.........the screen is now in English and Mach3 appears to work OK.........got a couple of error messages about plugins when I clicked on Mach3 loader..........Skyfire Sales Support have been notified about that.

As to the up and running mode, well it means slowly slowly and learn all along the way.

At least the Mach3 manual in PDF form is available, even if it runs to 106 pages and the UTUBE videos are good too.

I don't think chips are going to happen on the first fire up.....but they will happen eventually.
    Ian.

good news Ian~ you have a significant progress there. LOL

Every time you open MACH3 it will be at ESTOP status. and you should read a red message in status bar "connected to JNC-40M motion control card". Click "RESET" button and turn MACH3 to normal conditions.

Since I started to post a problem solution report yesterday, I'd like to finish it now.

we found a batch of coating of the enclosure was not good and that is not good for us. So we now stopped the cooperation of that supplier and found a new one to provide high quality enclosures under serious QC. All enclosures are now product with CNC blanking and CNC binding machines.
    Attachment 297842 Attachment 297844

enclosure parts are well welded on large flat tables
    Attachment 297846 Attachment 297848

phosphating before coating- can observe the conducted parts turns grey.
    Attachment 297850

adjusted the colorways also to make the enclosure more soft and comofortable
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9411.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	297858Attachment 297860Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9472.jpg 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	297862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9468.jpg 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	297864

And last pictures are the newly developed ATC machine enclosure. It has been powder coated.
    Attachment 297852 Attachment 297854Attachment 297856
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Page 130 of 184 3080120128129130131132140180