587,683 active members*
2,957 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Original KMB1 wiring help!

Original KMB1 wiring help!

Hi Guys,

I am working on a retrofit to an older KMB1 to use Mach. I have gutted it and almost finished rewiring with all new controls, VFD etc.

One thing I did not realize until later is that it looks like the lube pump was driven from a timed relay as well as the mechanical timer on the side of the cabinet. I have thrown away the relay board so I am hoping someone with the original relay board can confirm the part number and brand of the top left relay listed as LTR in the attached page from the manual. The associated 100k resistor would be what sets its time. I assume the way it works is that every period from the mechanical relay the timed relay fires and holds the pump on for a set time to allow oil time to flow.

Attachment 287242
    Attachment 287244

Cheers

Chris

Re: Original KMB1 wiring help!

Why not just go with an adjustable duty cycle relay, example google search Amperite DFA or HDFA flasher relays.

Another option would to be write a BRAIN or macro in Mach 3 to have an adjustable on/off cycle to an output controlling the coil of your power relay to your lube pump.

Both methods would allow you to tune your lubrication to what best suits your machine and its typical use.

Yeah that is what I will do, I don't want to buy the same as the old relay just want to know what it was from the factor.

With the model number I can look up the data sheet and with the 100k resistor I should be able to figure out the original timing.

Cheers

Chris

They used to stay triggered for about 6 seconds if I remember correctly.

Mine is like that. The timer is actually a mechanical clock movement, and works just like bloke said. It has rotating cams that operate the lube switch at timed intervals. Mine is set up so that the lube timer works as soon as the machine is turned on.

Also, I put a "Lube" button on the control panel. It allows me to lube the machine anytime I want, for any amount of time.

After the machine has sat for a while, I hold this button down for about 45 seconds, on start up while it's going to home position. Lubes everything up.

Jack