587,226 active members*
3,161 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Beware Bobcad v21 Purchase
Page 1 of 3 123

Angry Beware Bobcad v21 Purchase

If you are considering purchasing Bobcad v21, beware that there are NO help files within the program. The manual lacks the information necessary to make this application useful for me and Bobcad refuses to take a return.

I have a copy of Bobcad v21 fore sale if anyone is interested

Michael Fahey

V21 Help Files

The V21 Help files are nearly complete and the new training video professor series will be released later this week or early next week offering over 225 new training videos.

What is it that you do Mike?

CNC Dude

Quote Originally Posted by mikef137
    If you are considering purchasing Bobcad v21, beware that there are NO help files within the program. The manual lacks the information necessary to make this application useful for me and Bobcad refuses to take a return.

I have a copy of Bobcad v21 fore sale if anyone is interested

Michael Fahey
    $$$???

Quote Originally Posted by mikef137
    .... The manual lacks the information necessary to make this application useful for me
    I do agree that bobcad drop the ball on the help file. There is nothing wrong with the manual (but like all software manual it boring). Down load version 20 the help files are just about the same

Cool Personal Note

MikeF 137,

Not that I need them all the time, but the missing Help files stopped me from UpGrading to V21. Until they fix that Issue I'll stay put with V20.7. BCC is getting around to it and Help Files and Videos should done soon. CNCDUDE said a couple weeks. He'll get them done soon.

BTW:They are still fixing that one too (V20.5).

Hello Lakside, nice to see you :cheers:
    LOL, Thank god we didn't Spend $10,000 + on Software.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis
    LOL, Thank god we didn't Spend $10,000 + on Software.
    Hello tobyaxis,your point about cost is a real fact that as much as people like to badmouth bobcad for the price you can't beat it. I personal get a kick out of all the mastercam people who pay big bucks for the basic 2 1/2 axis program or the 3 d package (yes mastercam is is great software but they are not the only game in town anymore) and then come on this site and ask for posts for this machine or that controller(i beat there aleast one post a day), adleast with bobcad you can download post from there site and they will write one for you. I paid 1/3 the cost for Bobcad than mastercam. Yes bobcad has it limits but all softwares do.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    Hello tobyaxis,your point about cost is a real fact that as much as people like to badmouth bobcad for the price you can't beat it. I personal get a kick out of all the mastercam people who pay big bucks for the basic 2 1/2 axis program or the 3 d package (yes mastercam is is great software but they are not the only game in town anymore) and then come on this site and ask for posts for this machine or that controller(i beat there aleast one post a day), adleast with bobcad you can download post from there site and they will write one for you. I paid 1/3 the cost for Bobcad than mastercam. Yes bobcad has it limits but all softwares do.
    If you're up for a 2-1/2 axis comparison of Bobcad to Mastercam, I'm game. But start a new thread instead of hijacking a Bobcad thread simply to bash Mastercam. :cheers:
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Not Good

Not again. "The Battle of the Softwares". Lets Play Nice. And my Implying about Cost had nothing to do with Bashing Mastercam. Lakeside is more than likely being sympathetic toward the issues that Mastercam users have to put up with (I hear the tech support isn't that great and have see a bit for myself). I've done a bit more Playing with Mastercam 2 1/2 axis at a friends shop and to be honest, they do charge too much. VisualMill 5.0 has Full 4 axis and 5 axis indexing for $3500. Soon a legal copy will be on both computers.

Just one question. How many people do you think have Illegal Copies of Mastercam? If they lowered there price to $7,500.00 for Full 3 axis they would sell more, and reduce the # of Illegal Copys with CrackHead Files. Anyone can get/steel Mastercam. It's a matter of moral issues.

Lets not Compare Apples to Oranges and play Nice. No one is Bashing you.
    :cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Hard to beat Bobcad for the price....by the time they make the perfect CAM software it will be version 30 and cost 15K (LOL)

Cool Bcc $$$$ 15k?

Never CarbideCraters. The intent of BCC is to keep the software Affordable and Powerful for the small shops. They will get better and hopefully get a better graphics interface soon. V22 hopefully.

Nice to see you here :cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Dang lets not talk V22 yet ok? I am still messing with my demo of ver 21 and havent decided if I will buy it yet. I am currently having issues taking a toolpath and projecting it to a solid. I can project text but havent figured out the toolpath or random paths for that matter

CarbideCraters,

Maybe this time I could help you. Go to the Solids Menu>Generate Tool Path. Select the Path you want>tool size>tool type>step over>angle>.

Or do you have something else in mind?

BTW: V22

:cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis
    Never CarbideCraters. The intent of BCC is to keep the software Affordable and Powerful for the small shops. They will get better and hopefully get a better graphics interface soon. V22 hopefully.

Nice to see you here :cheers:

never under estimate the other guys GREED

Talking Very True

Dertsap,

While that is true about most of the world today I try to be a little positive. Maybe saying Never was a bit extreme, but it sounded good at the time
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd
    If you're up for a 2-1/2 axis comparison of Bobcad to Mastercam, I'm game. But start a new thread instead of hijacking a Bobcad thread simply to bash Mastercam. :cheers:
    I am not bashing mastercam I belief i said mastercam is great software and I find that the only people who get upset when statemants I make about mastercam are employee of mastercam or dealers of mastercam and as far as i'm concerned mastercam is a total rip off for the price but it great software (I drive an old jeep, not a new caddie even thou I could buy one I'd not waste the money on one)

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd

Matt I started a new thread (or highjacked one) here a link
    http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/...=9841#post9841

I can't even post a real reply, I can't stop Laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :cheers:Lakeside
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

OK Guy's,

We have all had our turn. There is room in this world for all software no matter what it has or doesn't have. We all like different things, if we didn't, the world would be a boring place. I have recently visited BobCAD in Florida, and the help file issue is one that they are seriously concerned about and are doing everything possible to make them available in the shortest time possible. I must say, that if any of us think that writing help files is an easy overnight thing to do, then you'd better put an application in to BobCAD for a job cos they probably love manuals and help file written in the blink of an eye.

People may ask why BobCAD 21 was released without the help files, Answer, because their customers pressured BobCAD into releasing V21 when they did, so I guess they decided to keep happy the hundreds of existing customers at the expense of just a few new ones.

CNC Dude, can you please do us all a favor and post here when the help files are done and ready to download.
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kookaburra
    OK Guy's,

People may ask why BobCAD 21 was released without the help files, Answer, because their customers pressured BobCAD into releasing V21
    Back in april the answer I got was they were in a rush to get it out for the westtec show not customer pressured version 21 can out the same week

Help Files

The V21 Help Files are nearly complete. I will post here when they are ready. The complete V21 training video series is done.
    CNC Dude

Page 1 of 3 123