587,480 active members*
3,376 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by samco View Post
    If you read the link I posted - .042 seemed to have some issues with stalling on certain moves.
    I'll try the .043 version

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    Looking at your XML file I see we may have friends in common. Do you know Ivan Todosijevic ??

(;-) TP
    Kkkkkk that name it's not strange for me

Well the machine starts as a challenge from a friend. So, for a while, I will not spend money on that kind of program. I used to work with engineering for 20 years and I have a license for solidworks. I'm using solidcam to generate the g code and for a while I don't have a license for it too. May I wrong but the machine will not be used to make any money it's more like a laboratory, I'm using it to learn how operate a cnc router.

But I become very interested in the cnc world. So I start to design a machine that is more like the real thing. With that machine I'll try to make money so it will be the time to thingk on buy software.

Almost forgot one Pirated License (;-)

(;-) TP
    I need to ask something:

I see somewhere that March3 has a problem with g41/42 and work offset. So I send an e-mail to artsoft asking about this bug they confirm this and say that even if I bought a license this problem will be there. Who to be sure that this problem will not occur with a original license? Almost US$200,00 for a license.

Have you tried Mach 4?

I'm asking this because I'm finishing the mechanical design of the new machine and will start the electric.

Re: Mach3 jump lines of code

Don't expect ANY help when you are running a pirated license. Art placed MANY MANY traps in the software just to drive you crazy IF you choose to run it. Art is the ONLY person who who knows what all the traps are and he ain't talking.

(;-) TP

Don't expect ANY help when you are running a pirated license. Art placed MANY MANY traps in the software just to drive you crazy IF you choose to run it. Art is the ONLY person who who knows what all the traps are and he ain't talking.

(;-) TP
    Hi,

When you say to don't expect any help. You mean from artsoft or from the forum?

I understand their point of view, but if a costumer ask about an error and propose to buy a license they could tell the true. That's what I did, I'm a beginner in the cnc world but an error with tool radius compensation and work offset looks too big for a software like this, that's why I don't spend money on that.

Have you tried mach4? There's is other options?

Probably I'll make a lot of enemies in the forum with the next sentence:

Every software that a I have a license today, including the games, professional software, or even OS. Before I buy I need to do a test and this is always with pirated versions. That's how I choose between Solidworks and Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Autocad and Bentley Microstation, and more than 200 hundred games. Piracy it's not the problem the problem it's how it's used.

Thanks again.

Enviado de meu SM-G900M usando Tapatalk

To me that makes you a thief and in my book a thief is the lowest form of life there is. Just about every software manf offers a Demo that you can use to test with. That also applies with Mach3.

So you have NO excuse.

(;-) TP

To me that makes you a thief and in my book a thief is the lowest form of life there is. Just about every software manf offers a Demo that you can use to test with. That also applies with Mach3.

So you have NO excuse.

(;-) TP
    Demos has a lot of limitations. The problem I found trying to do the batman logo for my son it's a good example with the 500 lines limit, the code will be ok. So I spent 200 bucks in a software to discover in a near future that's the software will not do what I want. That's why I asking for help, if the code works with your licensed version so that's probably the problem. I'm sure that's there's no mechanical or electric problem.

And that's why I asking about mach4. At this time bought a mach3 license makes no sense.

With software for engineering the problem it's bigger because a single license could reach more than US$10.000,00, and to sell the software resellers do everything.

For the new machine a have the prices for an update of solidworks and a new license for solidcam more than US$30.000,00 and I planning to spent that money because now I know the software. I see beyond the propaganda of every manufacturer.

Imagine if you schedule a test drive for a car, so you went to the car sellers and when you put the key on the ignition the seller says:

To start the engine you need to buy the car that's the limitation of our test drive. Would you bought that car?

Thanks again.

I found a .043 version on Internet and made the test again now the is on the x axis that makes me thinks about the license. But its too soon to spent money on controller need to test other options before.

May vmax549 was right about the traps. Trying another controller now, heard a lot about LinuxCNC. I'm trying to contact artsoft and talk about the error and if a license will solve it. Really need opinions about mach4? With the 500 line limitations there's no way to do a real test on it.

I ask artsoft about errors with g41/42 and work offset they tell me that a license will not solve the problem. Looks like a too basic error to a cnc controller.

I was thinking, and I not a good thief as I spent a lot o money with software. My wife it's a photographer and I really like the way adobe do things. You can pay for a 30 days license and see the program as it really is, other software company's could use the same approach.

Regards.

Enviado de meu SM-G900M usando Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 12