587,751 active members*
2,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Hacking PathPilot is simple

Linux is pretty much the red light district for me. I ain't openin no doors until someone else goes in there first and comes back alive and happy.
    Lee

I came out alive and VERY happy Lee.

As for "hacking" - You don't know my background, but I've been in computer labs with CIA, FBI, DOD, etc... This is a form of hacking, no way around that. It's just not how YOU want it to sound.

Here is a quote from https://www.maketecheasier.com/hackers-force-for-good/
    "White hat (doesn’t destroy anything, but rather fixes it), grey hat (does things outside the confines of the law), and black hat (disrupts things for profit or fun)."

This would be under the "white hat" definition. Ever heard of "Life Hacks" or "Food Hacks"... well...

Another quote from that page "hacking is the way to improve and invent things."

Quote Originally Posted by BAMCNC.COM View Post
    You don't know my background, but I've been in computer labs with CIA, FBI, DOD, etc...
    You put up a series of videos demonstrating that you were having difficulty explaining what you were seeing!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Linux is pretty much the red light district for me. I ain't openin no doors until someone else goes in there first and comes back alive and happy.
    There are countless videos on YouTube of people attempting back summersaults from a wall and landing on their heads. They all appear to survive, but is this a sign that you should try it too? Be careful who you chose to follow.
    The door's open but there are just no signs saying "THIS WAY IN". Just like with the Tormach Mach3 based controller software I don't believe that it's in Tormach's interest to have everybody playing around with these values, otherwise they could have provided a configuration tab or dialog. They have configured the limits perhaps a little on the conservative side but if they thought it was a good idea for everyone to increase the maximum feeds for PP then I suspect they would already have done so. For the brave (or foolish ) the door is open as has already been posted many times in this forum - but enter at your own risk!
    The odd value I posted elsewhere of 157 ipm comes from 4000 mm/min and was the result of testing various rates until I found a limit, subtracting a safety margin and then rounding down to a nice round number. I'm not cutting at these speeds, and faster rapids won't significantly reduce your turnaround times unless you have excessive rapid moves anyway, in which case they should be optimized first. These settings are simply configuration values but the limits are probably dependent on my actual mill setup and controller compatibility. What works for one setup might not work for yours, so don't be surprised if you start loosing steps….
    If you don't want to loose your tool settings make sure that your backup actually works for you before you need it! and if anyone doesn't feel comfortable playing around in there it's probably a good sign that they shouldn't .
    Step