587,702 active members*
3,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings

Hybrid View

Re: Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings

Hey guys

I'm not using caps ....

I'm using the kit straight outta the box as I got it , with smooth stepper

I'm on 230v

Sorry for what is prolly a dumb question , but what is the point of the caps if the switch or relay is after the cap ?

Are the two caps on the bob insufficient ?

Surely if I just have the switch or relay between the bob and the drive that would work ? I have my three psu in parrallel , they go into the bob and then the four drives are also in parrallel

Re: Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ckrat View Post
    Hey guys

I'm not using caps ....

I'm using the kit straight outta the box as I got it , with smooth stepper

I'm on 230v

Sorry for what is prolly a dumb question , but what is the point of the caps if the switch or relay is after the cap ?

Are the two caps on the bob insufficient ?

Surely if I just have the switch or relay between the bob and the drive that would work ? I have my three psu in parrallel , they go into the bob and then the four drives are also in parrallel
    The only difference I see is that you are using a higher ac voltage, 230v our voltage is 120v ac, this should not be a problem if everything is Grounded correctly

The caps are to smooth out the DC power, because you are using there Breakout Board, if your 48v DC is going to and out from their Breakout Board then you are using their built in Filter, so don't need to have any other caps

Yes if you switch the power between the Bob & the Drives you would only need one solid state relay, why use a solid state rely, so you don't have to worry about switching noise

I know that some had a noise problem with the Dyna 3 drives, If a power filter was added, that took care of any noise, Dmm recommended that they be used with a power filter

A Photo of how you have your power supplies wired to the Breakout Board, and Breakout Board to the Drives, this would help also to show how you are wiring your system
    Mactec54