587,258 active members*
2,943 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Redoing that V2XT into machmotion controller

Redoing that V2XT into machmotion controller

OK, a long time ago, I had purchased V2XT and after hitting home, the saddle crashed into the column. I tore it all apart after a decent clean of the Y axis switch didn't do anything for me and. I then populated it with CNC4pc components as documented in this thread http://www.cnczone.com/forums/newthr...ewthread&f=157 .

Now it is time to move forward. I am working with a machmotion system which includes true closed loop control, an industrial computer based controller running mach4, AC brushless servos and above all else quality assistance when I need it.

AS of now I am just wiring the components repainting my controller cabinet, filled in the holes in the cabinet mounting plate, and will be sandblasting the coolant trough and splash shields so I can send them out to powder coating. I'll be documenting this process so we can see how things work out. I hope that I will no longer have lost motion, decent rapids, no more phantom output signals and whatever else was plaguing me with the C32 under control.

Re: Redoing that V2XT into machmotion controller

First things first, so what I used to had was

sorry for sideways pic.

and what I want to replace it with is

which weighs 60 lbs

I am not too certain but I think what I had in the first two pictures weighed about 50-55 lbs. It was a 14" monitor weighing 25 lbs plus a metal enclosure with a few buttons on it. It was 10-12 gauge steel not sure exactly. Anyways, I want to use the old swing arms and the MachMotion provided Horizontal arm to mount that on the old Control cabinet. I plan on sawing off this projection

and leaving this from within the cabinet.

Then taking the tube that telescopes in there

and chopping it to be the same length as the tube welded in picture # 5. I want this to be a sort of "reinforcement piece" for

the horizontal mount arm. You see, that horizontal mount part gets screwed onto your table and the vertical square tubing slides on there and all the rest is history. Basically I want that chopped "reinforcement piece" to reinforce the horizontal mount by welding that tube that telescopes into the part in picture #5 to the bottom of the horizontal mount.

Is this all clear, is it a good idea, or will I expect the electrical cabinet to start slumping over on all that weight. Like I said, I am not sure what the old CRT enclosure used to weigh.

I basically want my machine to end up like

I just thought I'd check in with those that know a thing or two more than me before pulling out the sawzall.