587,497 active members*
4,073 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123

Re: Ordering a Thunder Laser Mini60 Plus

Hi all, received my Thunder Laser Mini60 today, here are the shipping details really did' take that long DHL was great and so was Nolan and Thunder Laser
    Here ya go:
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 Location Time
    17 Delivered - Signed for by : M CARTER LOUISVILLE 08:39
    16 With delivery courier LOUISVILLE, KY - USA 08:38
    15 Awaiting collection by recipient as requested LOUISVILLE, KY - USA 08:18
    14 Arrived at Delivery Facility in LOUISVILLE - USA LOUISVILLE, KY - USA 06:00
    13 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 04:10
    12 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 04:07
    Monday, May 11, 2015 Location Time
    11 Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 17:14
    10 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 15:25
    Friday, May 08, 2015 Location Time
    9 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 21:10
    8 Clearance event CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 06:59
    7 Processed for clearance at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 06:01
    6 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:26
    Thursday, May 07, 2015 Location Time
    5 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 12:35
    4 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 21:27
    3 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 21:25
    2 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 20:12
    1 Shipment picked up HONG KONG - HONG KONG 15:47
    I'll break it down and get more information if any one would like
    Biomed(Mike )

Awesome Mike,

It's time to play.

Gozzie

Yes in deed , time to play. I finally got it to display in English, and I also got RDWorks working , but so far I can't get LaserGrav to recognize
    The correct USB/COMM Port. I'll work on it again tomorrow. One thing I would like to say , the quality of this system is really good. I would recommend this company to everyone. They are so well built, with quality parts.
    Later
    Mike

Post some pictures if you can. Looking forward to you running it.
    Keep us informed all the way.

Gozzie

Calling Mike, Come in Mike, Over

It's been a few days. I hope you are having fun.
    Mine is still on the way. It's in LA transferring to a boat heading for Houston.
    How are you liking yours ?

Gozzie

Hello Gozzie, I'm very sorry for taking so long. I have received mine and have made some samples engraving/ cutting in some very thin wood at a very low power setting. I'm trying to get the hang of the unit and wording used in the manual and also the machine controller. Mine was left in Chinese language and it took me about an hour to change it. The manual could use some rewriting. I'm not saying that the information isn't there because it is, you just need to work it a little bit. Also one of the reasons I have not been on here is I had to put down my last dog, so I've been a little sad these last few days. Some can do it with ease, I on the other hand can not. My pets are part of the family, so please forgive me. Now back to the Laser it works great. I have been running DXF files and have found out that if you don't turn on the power to the tube you can run the file just like your cutting it, but not just the red pointer laser will be on , and it will trace what ever design you have loaded on the controller screen. A word of warning if you like me ordered a Hi-Resolution head be very careful, you can hit the edge of the unit with the Expensive HR head. Also the auto focus for the other head (4") leaves a little to be desired. We might want to talk on the phone to talk some of these things over. Let me know an I will pm you my phone number
    Later
    Mike

Hi Mike,
    I am so sorry to hear about your best friend. They are family and I cant imagine just how hard that is.

From what I have been reading we need to move the actual working area in from the edges to keep from hitting things and reset the origin for a buffer for over run.
    Big talk from me as I have no clue yet how to do anything. When you turn on the unit does it auto go to the corner and reset itself? That's something we may have to adjust too.
    I know I don't want mine hitting anything. I bet we can figure it out.

The auto focus is also adjustable for the different heads I believe where you can fine tune it. You may have to reset it when you change heads? I'm laughing at myself because I have no idea.
    Maybe Nolan will chime in with a few answers.

Yes PM me with your phone and email. I will keep it private.
    I am just glad to hear from you. My machine is still floating around out there somewhere ( lol) parden the pun. It should arrive pretty soon.

Gozzie

Hi Mike
    I sent you a PM

Hi, Mike.
    First, excuse me by my English. I'm from Spain and I write helped with automatic translation of my phone.
    I have read your post with a lot of interest because I'm now studying buy a similar machine.
    I would especially like to know the maximum thickness of wood and methacrylate which is capable of cutting machine.
    Regards, Antonio

Hi sherryman,
    I am so sorry for taking so long to get back on this forum. I have been away on a short vacation to Iowa.
    As far as the Mini60(50watt) goes here is what I have done so far.
    I have engraved Glass, Metal and Wood. I have not cut any thing. I would assume that I can not
    cut any thing over 1/8" of an inch( 0.125) 3.175mm. The metal I engraved was done with Cermark applied and a power setting of
    50%. The wood engraving I have done has been with power settings of 15% to 25%, all have done well. The glass was engraved with
    a power setting of 20%. I'm still getting used to the Laser software. The machine it's self is well built and runs great The only problem
    I have had is the switch the you push to switch between the Rotary Axis and the YAxis went out after a short time, but that was not a major problem for me.
    Thunder Laser the company and Nolan are great to work with. Nolan is honest and will tell you anything you need to know. I will not hesitate
    to buy a lager unit from Thunder Laser when the time comes. If I can help in any other way let me know. I am not always on this forum most of my free
    the time is spent in my wood shop.
    Again sorry for the long delay.
    Mike

Hi Mike

I have been following your journey on here with the mini60. Condolences on your loss, by the way.

I'm considering the mini 60. I was wondering how it's working for you...software problems etc

Thanks
    Steve

Hi Steve,
    Thanks , I haven't been on here as much lately, I do appreciate the kind words, it's takes me awhile to get over things such as losing a pet. They are part of our family. Thanks again. The Mini 60 has been great, I have been doing a lot of engraving different kinds of wood and also cutting out a few things (hobby stuff). I love the rotary axis I got with the laser, it was worth the extra cost to me. I do most of my engraving with it. The thickest material I have cut has been 1/4" soft plywood, 1/8" plywood cuts well also. I have engraved some glass mugs for a friend, I had some problems trying to figure out a good way to to hold some of the glass in the chuck of the rotary axis, of course engraving pens I've turned on the lathe is easy. I would recommend Thunder Laser to anyone. Nolan was great and getting the laser was quick with DHL. I hope this helps you and if you have any questions let me know. I can give you my e-mail in a private message if you would like.
    Thanks
    Mike

Thanks Mike.

Very confusing choice...Looking at a G Weike distributor, Jamieson Laser, about an hour from me. Its hard to wrap my head around an $1100. DHL shipment

Thanks so much for the reply.

To be continued...

Steve

hi guys been thinking of buying a MINI60 Desktop Laser System (Plus) myself can you tell me how much they cost you as I cant seem to get any prices here in the UK.

are there customs fees to add on and do thunder laser explain these extras??

if you have them now could you give any updates of how good they work or any updates at all would be cool

Hi, this is Nolan from ThunderLaser, we have a agent in UK, I wonder whether you want to contact with him directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    Hi, this is Nolan from ThunderLaser, we have a agent in UK, I wonder whether you want to contact with him directly?
    ok whats there details please?? but would still like to know how much they cost buying direct and would you know the difference if any between the Thunder Laser Mini60 & the Thunder Laser Mini60 Plus does the plus have more features?

below is our UK contact information:
    Daisymoon Designs Ltd
    Banalog Farm Banalog Terrace Hollybush Blackwood
    Caerphilly NP12 0SF UK
    Tel: 07738417822
    Mr Wayne: [email protected]
    Thunder Laser - Laser Cutting Machinery & 2D & 3D Laser engravers

we don't have Mini60 for sale, we have upgraded our machines, they install Servo Motor, smart board, tempered glass etc. it is Mini60-Plus.

- - - Updated - - -

Daisymoon Designs Ltd
    Caerphilly NP12 0SF UK

we don't have Mini60 for sale, we have upgraded our machines, they install Servo Motor, smart board, tempered glass etc. it is Mini60-Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    Daisymoon Designs Ltd
    Caerphilly NP12 0SF UK

- - - Updated - - -

Daisymoon Designs Ltd
    Caerphilly NP12 0SF UK

how much are the Mini60-Plus please??

Quote Originally Posted by sealover1 View Post
    how much are the Mini60-Plus please??
    Best to contact them, they won't likely post pricing on the forum. When you contact them ask for Nolan (who replied to your post) he's very responsive and easy to work with.

Page 2 of 3 123