587,349 active members*
3,115 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ebay 50w laser dispays no device connected

Hi,
    I bought 50w laser machine made in China and it has the RDC6442G. I have used it just for 3 days and it started giving problems. It shows the files in the memory but no pictures and and after few minutes,it shows 'No device connected'. The led number 14 flashes. Do you please have any solution to the problem. I have contacted the seller but no solutions and I even ordered another controller and still the same thing happens.You can check my Youtube videos to see. I have done the factory reset after making the video but still the problem remains.Please help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw7JHpGqMpw

Regards

Pillar

Re: Ebay 50w laser dispays no device connected

Pillar,
    I would agree with you this is not your computer problem. This appears as if the controller memory has been screwed up. The factory reset might fix this issue, but without the password you have little hope. You might want to try the model number as the password to see it that works. I would go back to the seller as this does not appear to be anything you have done. This looks like memory in the controller is hosed up and that is why no communication either using USB or the Network interface works. Also seems to support the fact it is not showing the graphic representation of the files. The file names appear but the data is missing.

Russ

Hi Russ.
    Thanks for your ideas. It's not the computer issue. I have tried all the possible ways to get the files to the machine. I have tried to communicate with the seller but all I get is just excuses, what to do and not to do. It got to an extent that I decided to make a video and upload it to YouTube for them. They were asking me to return the machine. They know that it will cost me more than 1/4 price of the machine to ship it back. I live in Finland. We don't have Ebay in here. I got the password lastly and reset the mainboard but no help.

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    Pillar,
    I would agree with you this is not your computer problem. This appears as if the controller memory has been screwed up. The factory reset might fix this issue, but without the password you have little hope. You might want to try the model number as the password to see it that works. I would go back to the seller as this does not appear to be anything you have done. This looks like memory in the controller is hosed up and that is why no communication either using USB or the Network interface works. Also seems to support the fact it is not showing the graphic representation of the files. The file names appear but the data is missing.

Russ

Pillar,
    I would issue a complaint with ebay if you paid with credit card they will hold the money in their paypal account. If they refuse to help make sure you leave negative feedback so others know this place is a shame with no support and sell defective products. Good Luck
    Russ

Hello - What was the outcome of this? I am having an issue where I think something is seriously wrong. The machine comes on and makes a bizarre sound like it is knocking on a limit switch with the head in the center of the work space. My computer with RD Works says 'no device connected'. Before I spend a lifetime on the phone with massive language barriers, maybe you have fix from this?

Keep in mind that Ebay recently change the return shipping policies.
    If Ebay agrees that your unit is faulty then they either offer a shipping discount for you or make the seller organise the shipping.
    For the later it means you organise a shipping service, get a quote and have it confirmed by Ebay.
    A few days later you get either the proposes shipping costs into your paypal account or the seller will give a full / partial refund.

Downunder35m - Believe me, I am the king of returns. That is the least of my worries. I need a working laser more than anything at this point. We have a line of product that needs to be customized, and a bunch of other stuff we decided to use machines for, vice manual labor. In this situation, I might even go up one notch to a 80w or 100w, but with better controllers and such. We shall see. I'm sure the Chinese woman "Mabel", is intently calling her 'in theater handler' to figure out how not to lose a penny on this deal. Meanwhile, I'm pissed.

Sadly stalling and useless explanations are the norm for many chinese sellers.
    Language barriers are one thing but most have the attitude of taking you money and then to ignore all problems.
    Had it several times that the seller actually blamed me for problems like stating I don't know how to operate a machine.
    Ebay is quite clear here, if it is not working, faulty or not as listed you are entitled for a refund/return at sellers expense.
    Problem for a business is loosing money because of being unable to use the machine and for this you won't get compensated.
    Personally I am at the point where I seriously doubt it could be worth ordering expensive stuff from china, especially if return shipping is a problem due to size and weight.
    Nothing beats local support and warranties here but this usually means the price almost doubles