587,480 active members*
3,476 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > CNCdrive DG4s-08020 Configuration help

Hybrid View

Re: CNCdrive DG4s-08020 Configuration help

Bill,

I was over at bhouin (Bob's) shop troubleshooting his setup. The main problem he was having ended up being caused by the placement of the DG6 Differential line drivers.

Where are the differential line drivers mounted? Are they mounted near the servo motors?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Yes, I have them about five inches from the encoders as this was to be a temporary setup until I got things to actually work as intended. What ended up working for him?

update:
    I contacted Balazs at cncdrive and he was right on the money with everything, GREAT customer service!!! I did have the ARM wires backwards, but when I tried that last night it oscilated like crazy and got my servo smoking! I hope I didn't do any major damage.....

Anyways, sent him screen shots of the PID tuning, and he said it was correct wave signals, just needed to do some different base settings, AND he guessed it right that I was using amt103 encoders and the resolution was too high.

Now my servo is acting better during tuning, but when I try to get it to move using Mach3, nothing happens. I get the led's on my c32 to light up for step and direction, I checked with my ohm meter about checking the pins vs pinout, everything looks like it should, but no movement. It holds it's position, but no movement..... Green led flashing on the drive......I assume straight through pinout for the c34 board since it does not have one in the manual. I am relying on the 12vdc from the c34 to power the drivers logic circuit and did not hook up the 5vdc from the c32.