587,753 active members*
2,978 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Open Source Controller Boards > L297/L298 Bipolar Driver Circuit with Limit Detection

Hybrid View

Re: L297/L298 Bipolar Driver Circuit with Limit Detection

Could you please send me the g code interpreter because i'm writing mine and i have some difficulties.Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kelectroman View Post
    Could you please send me the g code interpreter because i'm writing mine and i have some difficulties.Thank you
    Since I first started writing this, many groups have developed CNC designs for the hobbyist, some providing free downloads to their own G-Code interpreter/sender code or the pre-compiled HEX file to flash an Arduino with. I can't comment on their features or how well they perform as I've never tried them myself but a quick search I found 3 that seem fairly common:

Arduino GCode Interpreter - RepRapWiki

https://github.com/OttoHermansson/GcodeSender/downloads

Grbl - ShapeOko

I believe the latter link is still being actively developed and I'm sure others out there can provide feedback on suitability etc.

I'm happy to provide a copy of my own source code if there is enough interest, in original code format rather than HEX so that others can develop it further - I wrote it a long time ago and apart from using it to watch motors spin on my test rig, I never really did much with it, although with the warmer weather allowing me to get back outside into my cold workshop recently, my interest has been revived and I am currently working with a friend to produce a large-scale project that will re-use much of what was developed here.

It's worth pointing out that the stepper driver circuit I designed has long since been superseded by other designs and now I can't design/build a circuit cheaper than boards like the Pololu drivers, which for a few Dollars/Pounds/Euros, is very cheap and comes pre-built to handle most hobbyist steppers.
    Do not upset a dragon - For thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Thank you very much for your reply!Yes i have seen them but i'm trying to write my own g-code interpreter and understanding 100% the way they work.It would be great if you could send me yours in order to take an idea. It sounds very interesting the project you are talking about . There are too many stepper tiny drivers with microstepping (some of them can handle up to 2-2.5Amps!!!) such us pololu,stepstick,easydriver etc. on ebay that costs 1-2$ that it dosent worth to design and construct your own.I designed the classic l297/l298 drivers just for learning new stuff