587,409 active members*
3,258 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > HELP Needed! Trying to wire my homemade CNC

HELP Needed! Trying to wire my homemade CNC

For the last 10 months (during my Cancer surgery, chemo, and exams) I have built a CNC router.
    Now I'm trying to wire it, and it's just not coming together. So I need help. I've attached a diagram,
    and hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance. MMM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wiring diagram blank.jpg  

Re: HELP Needed! Trying to wire my homemade CNC

Glad your up and about with your CNC... The legends are hard to read when zoomed out. But it looks like you could just get a 25 pin d-sub connector, and wire the pins to the corresponding pins on the driver. Or if soldering is not your forte, you can get a parallel port breakout board. The voltage + and - goes from the corresponding outputs of your power supply. + to +, - to -. You can use a USB cable to power the drive board +5, and -5v. You then just figure out which leads from the stepper go together, and wire them to the drive... Doesn't matter which is A of B as long as the pairs are together; you can change direction easily in Mach3 or LinuxCNC.

Re: HELP Needed! Trying to wire my homemade CNC

I have 3- Nema 23 stepper motors, 3- TB6560A single axis stepper motor controllers, 1- Mach3 D305 controller (parallel/usb), 6 limit switches, and 1 emergency stop button.
    I know how to wire the steppers to their controllers, and to their power; but, I am having some problem wiring the stepper motor controllers to the Mach3 controller. Question-
    when the stepper controller says GND- does that mean to hook it up to the GND on the control card or the GND on the power supply:::for example: CLK+ (step) to P2- X Pulse,
    CLK- (GND) to ____________________. There are 4 screws on the e-stop button, and only one place to put it on the Mach3 controller. There are 6 limit switches and only 1 place
    on the Mach3 controller for each axis. I know this sounds stupid, but I've been reading a lot on the web, on the sites that carry the products, and I am more confused than ever. HELP!